Bocott Steel

pitbull1845

Afternoon, 

Managed to get an hour in the garage today. I've just been potteting about on the Bocott Steel part of the layout. Nothing exciting just tidying up bits and finishing off one of the buildings. 

20190802_133422_resized.jpg.159c10bbaaf7c577785d6976a49d08fd.jpg

I still need to get a suitable chip for the Janus, so it's just posing for pictures at the moment. Seen here with the empties.

20190802_134324_resized.jpg.f7cac8e9bcb0e9d73f06e0e534e83be4.jpg

20190802_134437_resized.jpg.46ec5836e2398d0c278ea6995deaef41.jpg

• Like 16

• Tempfix

I really like this scene Scott, particularly the scale of the buildings behind and the concrete hard standing. I go in waves in terms of time available too. I've had some time with the layout recently, but sometimes I go several weeks without getting in the room.

Rich

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Afternoon,

Right where do I start? 

Yesterday I had a few more hours, so I decided it was time for a change. The main board which had the station and part of a steel complex has been completely removed and destroyed.  It was boring me and also the boards had warped slightly (my fault for using mdf) which gave a bit of hump back bridge effect.  

Whilst I was in the mood for destruction I also closed down Redbrook stabling point. 

But all is not lost, The main Bocott Steel works is still alive. I've spun it 180 degrees and put it in the place of the station board, but here's the clever bit. I've also spun what was Redbrook, 180 and attached it to the front of Bocott Steel.  It's no longer a SP, it's now a couple of sidings for the works and also a through line, which will complete a loop of the garage. 

It's still work in progress but I'm going in the right direction.

I've had to try and disguise the exit for the sidings, I'm still in the process of doing that but is an inprovement in my eyes

I've attached a picture so you can try and see the changes. Once the facia board is back on I'll post some more. 

Thanks for looking.20190804_135055.jpg.e79384075331ac9914acd45311e77842.jpg

• Like 11

1 minute ago, PaulRhB said:

I love your 3D planning! :) 

It’s not destruction, just modification ;) 

I always thought it was just me that did that, it turns out, I'm not alone after all.:o

Good move Scott.:good:

• Like 2

Morning, 

Since the change around I had to come up with a new scenic break, I had several ideas but went for the predictable one of putting a  building there. 

It's nothing special and I have no idea of its function within the works, but it hides the exit/entry, so I've achieved my target. It's not quite finished yet, it wont be long.

20190811_092437.jpg.607767df54f48d11e6aeae7bcf620b05.jpg

There is also a new arrival on the ptivate shunter front. "Big Daddy" arrived last week, thanks to PaulRhB.

20190811_091430_resized.jpg.1a9f3f250562dc76454da606baafcfb7.jpg

That's it for now, next will be the debate about the FY. 

• Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold

Dunno it looks good without, does the Yeoman one have side handrails? For some reason I can’t recall seeing them. 

Edit: nope the FY one doesn’t have side ones. 

Edited by PaulRhB
  • Informative/Useful 2

On 11/08/2019 at 09:42, pitbull1845 said:

Morning, 

Since the change around I had to come up with a new scenic break, I had several ideas but went for the predictable one of putting a  building there. 

It's nothing special and I have no idea of its function within the works, but it hides the exit/entry, so I've achieved my target. It's not quite finished yet, it wont be long.

20190811_092437.jpg.607767df54f48d11e6aeae7bcf620b05.jpg

There is also a new arrival on the ptivate shunter front. "Big Daddy" arrived last week, thanks to PaulRhB.

20190811_091430_resized.jpg.1a9f3f250562dc76454da606baafcfb7.jpg

That's it for now, next will be the debate about the FY. 

That looks really good Scott, how about putting the pipe into a gantry as I did with Fiddlers Yard?

1847591789_PipeandChimneys001.JPG.7522555f620e46efed8680bcee7900a7.JPG

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

18 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Interesting comment, you’ve not been down that route before?

It won't be anything like your plans, just trying to make use of some dead space, thinking of adding  a small terminus served by dmu's. I was considering a depot, but the simple station is winning at the moment.     

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, pitbull1845 said:

It won't be anything like your plans, just trying to make use of some dead space, thinking of adding  a small terminus served by dmu's. I was considering a depot, but the simple station is winning at the moment.     

Have a look at the Station on Swad Lane Scott, it was here on Page 1 just now. Ideal for a DMU Service.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

Why not a small terminus with a stabling point a bit like Buxton for instance?? Somewhere for the locos on the steel trains to refuel and rest?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Why not a small terminus with a stabling point a bit like Buxton for instance?? Somewhere for the locos on the steel trains to refuel and rest?

Sounds like my kind of Layout Ian, nice ideal for Scott to get his head around.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, Temeraire said:

We're obviously on the same wavelength Ian, I had been lookingh at that concept but I won't have enough room in the ear marked area. Its only 4'x2'.  Enough for a small end of line station and thats it. The depot could go the opposites side of the garage but locos would have to enter the station first to access the depot. Although operationally interesting not sure how realistic that would be?

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...