Bocott Steel

pitbull1845

45 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Just re checked my files Rob, and you are spot on for 1994, and so they wouldn't have been taken by me either in that case.

George and I went there in July 2004 and again in July 2005. 04 was brilliant with none stop action, 05 was total rubbish and we left about 13.00hrs.

Thanks for pointing out the error of the pics, and if Scott, or anyone else wants them removed I will gladly do so, but they are still superb pics.

They are great shots. I’ve just got an OCD thing for dates ! My next plank will be 1981 and 1991 - the later I’ve never modelled before. But the variety of 47s has got me interested.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks for pointing out the error of the pics, and if Scott, or anyone else wants them removed I will gladly do so.

No need Andy, I'm modelling mid 90's to early 2000's. So they're almost the right time period.

But I am going to see if they're my pictures you've borrowed. ;)

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 25/05/2019 at 15:01, pitbull1845 said:

I did think that, and tried a quick Google search for dates, but failed.. 

So the back story is that he's part of the uniform evaluation team and is trying out the new gear.  Redbrook the home of trend setters. 

Edit.. I've just painted his trousers! 

You might want to un paint them back to full orange!

Didn’t become mandatory until quite recently, but I was issued with that sort of kit in 1993.  (Got called a Mr Blobby suit when all new and shiny.). Would want to be the possibility of rain to see someone that togged up back then, but definitely possible, just not mandatory.

Paul.

• Informative/Useful 2

Thanks for info Paul's,on the orange kit. I plan to get some more staff, when I can afford their wages, so I'll leave him as is for the time being. I do have a tin of orange on standby.

Today I decided to test the trackwork in the depot, it worked fine when it was just sidings, so no reason for it not to work, so I guess you could call it an excuse to have a quick play.  

Pleased to say all was fine. 

The video certainly highlights the need for more clutter, and I especially want to get some Taps and hoses.  (for some unknown reason)

https://youtu.be/LXrJ5-PVlAI

Edited by pitbull1845
  • Like 12

• RMweb Gold
On 26/05/2019 at 16:55, PaulRhB said:

Did the early kit have the reflective strips on the trousers? I only saw that after it became mandatory certainly my stuff didn’t in Railtrack days.  :) 

Yes, but above the knee rather than below the knee today.

1100954452_190527RegRail90sIssue.JPG.8ae5ed483962fc88222e299261862247.JPG

Reggie rail 90s issue.

Paul.

Edited by 5BarVT
Photo Reload
  • Informative/Useful 2

• Tempfix

Hi Scott,

Just found this thread and already loving it, particularly the depot area. Regarding clutter, I think Bachmann do a pack in the Scenecraft range, but it's nothing you couldn't whittle out of some plasticard. Good luck, looking forward to more.

Rich

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, pitbull1845 said:

it is a Bachmann 37 yes, I've rebranded it to mainline livery. 

I'm guessing this is where you tell me it's all wrong? :wacko:

Not at all.

you just don’t see many as they didn’t last long as EWS painted them fairly fast. I’d like one..

Not as rare as the mythical 37109 which was repainted mainline blue for five minutes before going to EWS. Not many pictures of it in blue about .

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Not at all.

you just don’t see many as they didn’t last long as EWS painted them fairly fast. I’d like one..

Not as rare as the mythical 37109 which was repainted mainline blue for five minutes before going to EWS. Not many pictures of it in blue about .

Oh thats a relief :D

The way I look at it, is if there's a photo of it within my time frame then it's game on. 

it is a bit of a minefield and I normally get something wrong, normally the wrong grills or similar!

Edited by pitbull1845

48 minutes ago, Rich Papper said:

Hi Scott,

Just found this thread and already loving it, particularly the depot area. Regarding clutter, I think Bachmann do a pack in the Scenecraft range, but it's nothing you couldn't whittle out of some plasticard. Good luck, looking forward to more.

Rich

Thanks Rich,

It's all coming together slowly.  

My plan is to continue with YouTube research and make a note of bits and pieces I see within depots, and go from there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pitbull1845 said:

Thanks Rob,

I've been trying to plan the next phase tonight, trying to keep it simple but plenty of operation. 

I’m no expert, but you’ve got a TMD , steel works and a station.

try to cram too much in and it could fall between the lines. God knows I’ve done it a lot with trying to get everything into 10’x 18 “

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

32 minutes ago, saxokid said:

Just had nice catch up here scott...

thanks neil..

Just in time Neil, the track fairies have been in over the weekend! Something to do with rationalisation and the closure of part of the steel industry. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 minutes ago, pitbull1845 said:

Just in time Neil, the track fairies have been in over the weekend! Something to do with rationalisation and the closure of part of the steel industry. 

Looking forward to more of your "fab" skills and modelling Scott..

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

Afternoon,

No progress as such due to the ongoing uncertainties in my normal life. 

However the depot has just received a fuel delivery, with a trip working from Wyvern Road. So wheels are still turning on the layout. 

Grateful to Nigel for the loan of the TTA's. 

I Have to say I have a good network of modelling friends and I'm very grateful for their support and also the loaning of rolling stock to keep me motivated. 

20190717_115704.jpg.b0699d56c354c4b5f1e9c89f789384cf.jpg

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

All looking excellent mate, Modelling friends are the lifeblood of many modellers, including myself, I visited a mates on Monday with another chap, then last night 3 came around to me, then on Friday I should have another two paying a visit.

You modelling and Videos are really top notch, please keep the pics etc coming, and I'll send a Railfreight 56 on a Speedlink Service down from New Mills later.

All the best with both your Modelling and private life Scott.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Andrew P said:

All looking excellent mate, Modelling friends are the lifeblood of many modellers, including myself, I visited a mates on Monday with another chap, then last night 3 came around to me, then on Friday I should have another two paying a visit.

You modelling and Videos are really top notch, please keep the pics etc coming, and I'll send a Railfreight 56 on a Speedlink Service down from New Mills later.

All the best with both your Modelling and private life Scott.

Thanks Andy,
I've got a good bunch behind me and have been a great help with listening to my woes but also taking my mind off of things..
I'm just frustrated at the moment as there is no point doing anything else to the layout until I know my future, I think building a portable one is the way to go next time!  

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 minutes ago, pitbull1845 said:

Thanks Andy,
I've got a good bunch behind me and have been a great help with listening to my woes but also taking my mind off of things..
I'm just frustrated at the moment as there is no point doing anything else to the layout until I know my future, I think building a portable one is the way to go next time!  

Yes all mine are portable, since Christmas I have built and Sold, Bala Town in O Gauge, Kingsmill TMD,  and Mason Street, easy to sell and I always get my money back. 

All the best.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1