Missing parcel via Sainsburys and Argos

newbryford

• RMweb Premium

Hi Guys,

I've sent an ebay parcel out to be collected at an Argos in Sainsburys.

But - it's gone missing somewhere in Sainsburys or Argos - deliveries are via Sainsbury's goods inward. There is proof of signature and CCTV of it being taken into the store, but there the trail ends.

So the buyer has paid me, but the goods have gone missing somewhere within the Sainsburys building.

There doesn't appear to be any process within ebay where I or the buyer can claim off Argos or Sainsburys. (To be honest - it's the buyer that's currently out of pocket and he's being very understanding of this so far.)

I guess the way forward is for the buyer to open a "Non-delivered" dispute and then I prove to ebay that it has been delivered to 3rd party contracted to ebay…..

Has anyone else has anything like this happen?

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Was the item shipped insured?

If it wasnt, Good luck getting any carrier to admit fault and refund money.  They love passing the blame to someone else and wiping their hands clean even when its fully clear they are at fault.    

Carrier definitely not at fault.

Sainsburys/Argos have readily admitted that it is lost in their premises.....

Ebay are now (finally) on the case.

The contract is between Ebay and Argos.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Case sorted.

The parcel is seen being received at their goods inward on CCTV and there the trail ends.

I've kept the money for my goods that I sold with no impact on my seller stats.

The buyer has had a refund.

Someone, somewhere now has a HST for free...…

• RMweb Gold

Case sorted.

The parcel is seen being received at their goods inward on CCTV and there the trail ends.

Yeah, but it's probably only a yellow one...

Case sorted.

I have found that eBay/Paypal are quite fair and reasonable providing you follow the prescribed steps. Clearly this is an arrangement which eBay tries to encourage and as you have proof of delivery its up to eBay or its agents to sort it out. Thankfully you are not out of pocket and sadly your buyer has not got the bargain he thought he had, which could be an issue for the buyer

I have just won a lot at a knock down price of £7 inc postage, the listing was awful. 5 out of focus photo's, with a title of "0-6-0 loco chassis " and description "As Seen" 

Clearly a K's early style brass bar chassis with what looks like black LMS cylinders and with some of the valve gear. Looks to be a LMS 4-6-0 from one of the close ups. I do have a Royal Scott body so worth a punt, plus from some photos when looking at the enlargement of the inside of the wheels they look more like Romfords than early K's. I may have bought a pile of junk, on the other hand a chassis for my Scott and a set of Romford drivers, if it is the latter then if only half of my guess is right I am well in with the value. What's the point of this, well if it gets lost I get £7, if I am right it would cost me £50+ to get replacements

• 3 months later...

Had a similar experience as a buyer, item was posted tracked so both I and the seller knew where it was. Sods law, FM code popped into my email/phone the day after the refund. Which was day 11 from the intial delivery, money resent back to seller, genuinely lost in the warehouse.