Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Head illuminated Magnifier

• RMweb Premium

Not with illumination but my present preferred weapon in the battle to make small objects look bigger is this clip on magnifier by a firm called Opticaid. This is a 4x model. It is lightweight, very easy to use and I find it most effective. It will fit most spectacles but if you don't wear specs to start with, it may not be as useful!20220402_205219.jpg.eefb7895c12d8df21783239579280a06.jpg

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, ISW said:

Being a bit of a cheapskate, I bought mine at the flea market in Bakewell. Cost ~£6 if I recall.

2031801414_Pagesfrom2022-LEDHeadlightModel9892E(BakewellMarket).jpg.8a528b954bcf9dd02cf764cf40e58c81.jpg

I had to add some 'foam' (an offcut of track underlay) to the head contact areas to make it comfortable.

Ian

Wig included?

Mikde.

• Funny 1

14 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Wig included?

Mikde.

Mike,

Nah, it's not in the 'contents' photo bottom-left. And I still have my own hair ...

Ian

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

The Amazon one £8.99 link still works that I went for is just fine. I’ve used it in the modelling months probably 5 times  a week. Less so in summer don’t use the light as that’s a waste of time but would still recommend it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. OK maybe

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toolzone-HB195-Mounted-Magnifier-Magnifying/dp/B002NH0DLO

but first I'll visit Squires and see if despite Covid I can do a "try before you buy".  Light is certainly part of the problem

for me as in good sunlight I can read a book without glasses. Dull day? Blind as a bat!

Edited by RonnieS
Spelling
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RonnieS said:

Light is certainly part of the problem

for me as in good sunlight I can read a book without glasses. Dull day? Blind as a bat!

If light is your problem, why not use one of these from Ikea:

2022-04-03_151811.jpg.8caedbf6b8b764d83100908e7b07aa5f.jpg

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/tertial-work-lamp-dark-grey-40450802/

Currently at £12. I have one clamped to a shelf above my desk and outfitted with a 100w (equivalent) LED bulb. Quite brilliant and makes modelling so much easier when you can see everything well lit.

Ian

• Informative/Useful 1