Head illuminated Magnifier

• RMweb Premium

Not with illumination but my present preferred weapon in the battle to make small objects look bigger is this clip on magnifier by a firm called Opticaid. This is a 4x model. It is lightweight, very easy to use and I find it most effective. It will fit most spectacles but if you don't wear specs to start with, it may not be as useful!20220402_205219.jpg.eefb7895c12d8df21783239579280a06.jpg

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, ISW said:

Being a bit of a cheapskate, I bought mine at the flea market in Bakewell. Cost ~£6 if I recall.

2031801414_Pagesfrom2022-LEDHeadlightModel9892E(BakewellMarket).jpg.8a528b954bcf9dd02cf764cf40e58c81.jpg

I had to add some 'foam' (an offcut of track underlay) to the head contact areas to make it comfortable.

Ian

Wig included?

Mikde.

• Funny 1

14 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Wig included?

Mikde.

Mike,

Nah, it's not in the 'contents' photo bottom-left. And I still have my own hair ...

Ian

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

The Amazon one £8.99 link still works that I went for is just fine. I’ve used it in the modelling months probably 5 times  a week. Less so in summer don’t use the light as that’s a waste of time but would still recommend it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. OK maybe

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toolzone-HB195-Mounted-Magnifier-Magnifying/dp/B002NH0DLO

but first I'll visit Squires and see if despite Covid I can do a "try before you buy".  Light is certainly part of the problem

for me as in good sunlight I can read a book without glasses. Dull day? Blind as a bat!

Edited by RonnieS
Spelling
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RonnieS said:

Light is certainly part of the problem

for me as in good sunlight I can read a book without glasses. Dull day? Blind as a bat!

If light is your problem, why not use one of these from Ikea:

2022-04-03_151811.jpg.8caedbf6b8b764d83100908e7b07aa5f.jpg

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/tertial-work-lamp-dark-grey-40450802/

Currently at £12. I have one clamped to a shelf above my desk and outfitted with a 100w (equivalent) LED bulb. Quite brilliant and makes modelling so much easier when you can see everything well lit.

Ian

• Informative/Useful 1