RMweb

RMWeb very slow loading pages

Site itself seems pretty quick now, almost all of the time (seeing messages and notifications still slower than before, but much better than last week). But uploading pics (well less than 1MB) is still taking ages, not just the upload itself, but then waiting for RMWeb site to be "connected" to place it on to post. I tried re-booting the server, which worked for almost everything, but not that.

I have a fair idea of the problems with site and server updating, having suffered many problems at work in the past, so I do not underestimate the problems Andy, and I hope the feedback is proving useful rather than critical.

• Like 1

Site itself seems pretty quick now, almost all of the time (seeing messages and notifications still slower than before, but much better than last week). But uploading pics (well less than 1MB) is still taking ages, not just the upload itself, but then waiting for RMWeb site to be "connected" to place it on to post. I tried re-booting the server, which worked for almost everything, but not that.

I have a fair idea of the problems with site and server updating, having suffered many problems at work in the past, so I do not underestimate the problems Andy, and I hope the feedback is proving useful rather than critical.

Hiya, thanks for the information, but I regularly use Oynx, from https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

To do this, I’ve downloaded the latest version, of this and see, how I get on.

Again, thanks for the input.

Regadrds Jeff

I’ve flushed the dns cache on all of my devices, iMac, iPad, and iPhone

iPad, everything is back to normal,

iPhone, ok

iMac, the images are back, back they load , depending on the thread, and size, so threads they are instant, due to the ram of the computer, some seem, to load a tad slower.

I’ll do some more tests tomorrow, and report back..

Thanks for the help guys.

Regards Jeff

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

All seems to be working well this evening. Pages are loading quickly complete with all the images. No delay whatsoever. I did clear my dns cache last night so maybe it's down to that or perhaps Andy has been doing some work in the background. If so many thanks.

PJ10

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I just had trouble replying to a thread again, the same problem I was having at the weekend. The post content would spend a long time "saving" with the busy indicator running but then not post a new entry, just return to the reply editor.

I tried this three or four times without success.

So, I flushed my DNS cache, and released and renewed the addresses of my network adaptors (again). Then hard-refreshed the RMWeb page and posted again and this time it worked.

I'm not sure what this means, nor saying it will work for everyone, just reporting my experience for information.

Edited by Harlequin

• RMweb Gold

For info :

Big hang/slowdown at 09:10 this morning. I saw the dreaded wait cursor and realised something was not quite right so I copied the the text of my reply to the paste buffer (highlight and then control+c on Windows) after about a minute I refreshed the thread which was also slow. When it eventually refreshed and I retried my reply it went through fine.

• RMweb Premium

I keep getting the feeling the servers are really struggling to cope with high demand since the recent maintenance. All seems quite normal during the day but slows during the evening and often stalls past 10pm. But a lot of sites seem similar over the last few weeks so maybe it’s the general web straining under the run up to Xmas.

Izzy

• RMweb Premium

I keep getting the feeling the servers are really struggling to cope with high demand since the recent maintenance. All seems quite normal during the day but slows during the evening and often stalls past 10pm. But a lot of sites seem similar over the last few weeks so maybe it’s the general web straining under the run up to Xmas.

Izzy

I've noticed that as well especially with Facebook and a few other unrelated forums.

Perhaps we can get Vlad's techie-wonks to hack Bachmann's servers to ensure that the next product to go to CAD is a Class 310 emu.

Seriously though like others I've been seeing a slowing across the 'net, and I do wonder if someone is engaged in cyber warfare with a denial of service attack to try and disrupt e-commerce at the busiest time of  year.