Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• RMweb Premium

Five Leaves Left - Nick Drake

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Santana - "Welcome".  The second of the three jazz-fusion albums, coming between Caravanserai and Borboletta.  Superb stuff, and a series of albums that I missed out on at the time.

Dave.

By the way, has anyone listened to "Santana IV" yet?  Made by the reformed original "Woodstock era" lineup of the band?

• Like 2

Frank Zappa - You Can't Do That On Stage Any More, Vol 2 (The Helsinki Concert). Excellent 1974 live album with a jazz-fusion band that included George Duke, Ruth Underwood and Chester Thompson.

Mantra Vega - The Illusion's Reckoning. Fantastic to hear The Heather Findlay Band play the whole album live;last week.

Opeth - Pale Communion. An interesting change of direction when it first came out, but a couple of years on I find myself preferring the older, heavier albums.

Amorphis - Under the Red Cloud. One of the best metal albums to come out last year. What is it about Finland? Is there something in the water?

Jodie Marie - Trouble in Mind.  Blues singer-songwriter who got Boaty McBoatfaced by The Guardian by disqualifying the album from their Reader's Poll on a spurious-looking techncality. The actual album is very good.

• Like 1

Santana - "Welcome".  The second of the three jazz-fusion albums, coming between Caravanserai and Borboletta.  Superb stuff, and a series of albums that I missed out on at the time.

Dave.

By the way, has anyone listened to "Santana IV" yet?  Made by the reformed original "Woodstock era" lineup of the band?

Welcome is one of my favourites, it wasn't that well received in some quarters on release, some thinking it was a bit too 'smooth' but I love it.

I've just got a copy of IV though I've yet to play it.

On the way back from Taunton yesterday I played another new to me Santana album 'Corazon', 2014. Something similar to Superstition, bits of rap and hip hop influence, I had a good first impression of it.