Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Jazz/Rock fusion from four very talented Japanese girls - great to see a girl with a Flying V and it sounds terrific - shades of Machiya of the Wagakki Band.

• 3 weeks later...

Having binned off Spotify I was looking through the vinyl collection for some Tom Petty (with or without the Heartbreakers) and was disappointed to find the library went directly from Paul Young to Peter Gabriel...
You'd think I'd know my own system and then probably checked under 'T' wouldn't you? It's only clicked 24hrs later, doh!

Not long for the home now...C6T.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Nearly 3am and yet another sleepless night.  So I came down and am listening to one of my favourite artists, Joni Mitchell.

I first came to hear of Joni in '71, the album 'Blue', which still stands as one of my top 20 favourite albums.  Saw her perform in '74 at Wembley with CSN&Y. A very hot day, were you there?

Stayed up last week to catch Joni at this years Grammy awards, wonderful yet very sad to see that age catches all of us.

With that in mind, I'd like to share this link from her 'Miles of Aisles' album, a track which I have always thought very sweet, but which recently has taken on a deeper meaning, 'The Circle Game'.

• Like 3

Ah, the incomparable Joni. I came to her music through hearing Big Yellow Taxi on the radio, and have adored her ever since. The Circle Game is one of her very best, although my personal favourite is Chelsea Morning - no matter what mood I’m in, be it happy, sad, or any point in between, that song is guaranteed to lift me.

• Like 2

Too Many Colours - Red Lorry Yellow Lorry is currently playing Spotify

Mondlicht by X Mal Deutschland is cued up next. The list must think I am in an 80’s goth mood whereas what I really need to do is go to bed!!

• Like 1

On Saturday I and about 4000 others watched Blade Runner with the magnificent Vangelis soundtrack performed live. This was only the second time I have seen and heard a Yamaha CS-80 in the flesh (the first was for Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds on stage in 2007).

image.png.4405a6a529978dff6a579eca1a45e553.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DavidB-AU said:

On Saturday I and about 4000 others watched Blade Runner with the magnificent Vangelis soundtrack performed live. This was only the second time I have seen and heard a Yamaha CS-80 in the flesh (the first was for Jeff Wayne's War of The Worlds on stage in 2007).

image.png.4405a6a529978dff6a579eca1a45e553.png

How did that work technically David? They managed to isolate the music soundtrack from the dialogue and sound effects etc I'm guessing?

C6T.

On 10/02/2024 at 08:05, Obi-Jiff Kenobi said:

Ah, the incomparable Joni. I came to her music through hearing Big Yellow Taxi on the radio, and have adored her ever since. The Circle Game is one of her very best, although my personal favourite is Chelsea Morning - no matter what mood I’m in, be it happy, sad, or any point in between, that song is guaranteed to lift me.

+1 for Chelsea Morning, cracking tune.

I still find it rather humbling that as much as one likes to think they know an art form, on a random day a radio station will occasionally play something you were unaware of and it can excite you and reinvigorate a passion for it.

C6T.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2024 at 23:48, The Lurker said:

Too Many Colours - Red Lorry Yellow Lorry is currently playing Spotify

Mondlicht by X Mal Deutschland is cued up next. The list must think I am in an 80’s goth mood whereas what I really need to do is go to bed!!

Nowt wrong with a bit of Goth now and then.

steve

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

It's a wee bit late for Burns Night, but this is a cracking version of one of his best:

Ye see yon birkie ca’d a lord,
Wha struts, an’ stares, an’ a’ that,
Tho’ hundreds worship at his word,
He’s but a coof for a’ that.
For a’ that, an’ a’ that,
His ribband, star, an’ a’ that,
The man o’ independent mind,
He looks an’ laughs at a’ that.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My current gf introduced me to Creeper. A lot of their stuff is quite punky/emo, but their latest album 'Sanguivore' is very enjoyable. Lots of Meatloaf/Rammstein-esque tracks with some electronic beats.