Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Recently/currently listening to...

Tim H

"The Original One Hit Wonders Album" - Various Artists.

I only bought it for one song's intro - Summer Fun by The Barracudas. Love the intro re. the 'New Plymouth Barracuda': "I can't pronounce Baccaruda! Try this man, say - Ba-Ra-Cu-Da -- Ba-ba-Ra-ra-Cu-cu-Da-da"

Ok - you had to be there. :boast:

Some other great tracks on the album - It's Immaterial, The Knack, Martha and the Muffins, The Flying Lizards, White Town,

... along with some very cringeworthy ones too - Rocksteady Crew, Baltimora, Jane Wiedlin anybody? Thought not.

OK - back to 'Judas Priest - Beyond the Realms of Death' for some light entertainment now :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

One for Colin

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound (on vinyl)

steve

It's thoughtful of you Steve, but I was never a big fan of Genesis!

OMS: Big Country "John Wayne's Dream", their last album with the late great Stuart Adamson on vocals/guitar.

• RMweb Premium

One for Colin

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound (on vinyl)

steve

Hi Steve

I saw Genesis perform most the songs off Selling England by the Pound a couple of weeks before they released the record, in Brighton, I think in 1973. The songs were great but no one knew them which must have made it hard for the band. But when they done stuff off Foxtrot and Nursey Crimes the reaction was great.

Clive

PS still have all my 1970's Genesis albums, that is until Gabriel left....then they became a pop group.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Today, on record

Steve Hackett - Genesis Revisited II

Squackett - A Life Within A Day

Simon Snaize - The Structure of Recollecton

Last night, at Bilston Robin 2

Panic Room

Howard Sinclair

Morpheus Rising

Latest albums by all three are highly recommended.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Tim,

I don't suppose you're going to be in Milton Keynes Weds evening for Mostly Autumn at The Stables? I've finally managed to get to one of their gigs!

OMS - Runrig - Access All Areas

Tim,

I don't suppose you're going to be in Milton Keynes Weds evening for Mostly Autumn at The Stables? I've finally managed to get to one of their gigs!

OMS - Runrig - Access All Areas

I hope you enjoy it. An interesting venue for MA, rather nice, but the punters can be a bit OT.

As usual the place to hear opinion is in the Loo. When we went there was a very loud local whom had seen them once - at the Cambridge Festival - so knew everything there was to know about them and wanted to make sure we all knew what he knew. :scared:

I have to wait until Thursday to see them at the York Opera House, third row back (front two rows are neck killing in there) :sungum:

Paul Bartlett

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/mostlyautumn

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Paul - it seems I'll be seeing the MA Christmas show, according to the band's website.

Iain (Pete The Elaner from RMWeb) is going with me - he's a complete newcomer to MA's music but at 20 years younger than me, he's got time on his side!

• RMweb Premium

Further to above, just got back from truly superb MA gig. Looking forward to seeing tehm again - SOON.

Currently listening to: Jean Michel Jarre "Oxygene"