Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Gold

One step forward with handrails MkII now with curved ends. 

But not happy with the decals. This is despite being seated on a gloss surface and using Mircro Sol and Micro Set, there was some silvering to the carrier film. So I have removed them. 

I will see if Steve at Railtec has a set.

Cheers, Ade.

IMG_8632[1].JPG

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
Replacing missing photos
  • Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

One step forward with handrails MkII now with curved ends. 

But not happy with the decals. This is despite being seated on a gloss surface and using Mircro Sol and Micro Set, there was some silvering to the carrier film. So I have removed them. 

I will see if Steve at Railtec has a set.

Cheers, Ade.

6A8FA0EF-B6BB-40CF-B4CB-8D1E4DA23453.jpeg

looks fantastic :good: shame about the transfers though. Railtec transfers are definitely the best I’ve used

Just don’t use Microsol or Microset on railtec transfers, I found out the hard way…..I really should read the instructions first :lol:

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Just out of interest how did you remove them if already sealed? I want to move the Railtec totems I put on my pannier as I've discovered St Blazey had them in a different position to the photo I'd originally worked from.

They have been on a while so the varnish will be properly set and I was going to basically polish them off with 2000 grade wet and dry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Here are some period photos showing the coal merchants offices/stores and the weighbridge office. Notice how the signs change over the years and the extra small shed which stood in the early 30's.

The first pic was taken in the 1920's. The second in the early 1930's and the other two early post war. The shot taken from the aircraft was mid 1930's.

You can see the coal offices were built up on sleepers as the ground fell away towards the river. 

IMG_8886.jpg

IMG_8887.jpg

IMG_8888.jpg

IMG_8889.jpg

Edited by Adrian Stevenson
Replacing missing photos
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Nice to be back online. Was starting to get withdrawal symptoms.

The kit arrived safely from Phil. Been working on this over the last week. Very pleased with it. The sides are all done and it is now sprayed up in grey primer. Got the roof to do now. Will add some pics over the weekend.

The traverser from Tricky also arrived yesterday. Again will add pics this weekend.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Nice to be back online. Was starting to get withdrawal symptoms.

The kit arrived safely from Phil. Been working on this over the last week. Very pleased with it. The sides are all done and it is now sprayed up in grey primer. Got the roof to do now. Will add some pics over the weekend.

The traverser from Tricky also arrived yesterday. Again will add pics this weekend.

Cheers, Ade.

WITHDRAWAL SYMTOMS? 😮 I had to talk to the Wife.   🤣

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Luckily I saved most of my photos onto my PC. Rebuilding the missing pics will take a lot of time though.

Here are some new photos as promised. Firstly we have the weighbridge which is now glued in place and the guard rail fitted. 

Next we have the weighbridge office in primer. Each plank is separately applied. 

Finally the traverser rested on Patch’s bed to show where it will roughly sit. Got to buy the timber to build the baseboard it will sit on.

Cheers, Ade.

77590217-D794-45F5-9D07-57A0FF2138A8.jpeg

4C7070FA-82C6-4A46-826C-E638D08DC2DB.jpeg

078A03FB-25B8-4A1F-8DEE-7EC0E6E5F32F.jpeg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Found I actually had enough 9mm ply left over from doing the baseboards, so today I have cut this to size for the board for the traverser and for the extension to the front of the board to house the weighbridge office and coal merchants offices.

Also got the first coat of paint on the weighbridge office.

Cheers, Ade.

IMG_9592[1].JPG

• Like 15
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Finally the traverser rested on Patch’s bed to show where it will roughly sit.

You’re going to site your fiddle yard on the dog’s basket? ;)

10 hours ago, Regularity said:

You’re going to site your fiddle yard on the dog’s basket? ;)

I seem to remember that Patch is a cat - so Ade is playing with fire there!

A dog would just put up with that.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...