Ade's 7mm layout: Malmesbury station

Adrian Stevenson

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Annoyed at having it given how careful we had been over the last two years.

Funny how that has followed a complete relaxation of the rules, isn’t it?

Hohum. Not good news, though. Let’s hope you get back to modelling (I.e. good health) soon!

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Guys, nothing done on the layout due to catching Covid.

Came via Lez as it is rife at her workplace. We had both had three jabs. Over it now but feeling very tired and run down. Annoyed at having it given how careful we had been over the last two years.

Cheers, Ade.

But I think it's something we have to get used to catching now, with the vaccines the impact is less than it was, more like a bad cold or flu.  So being careful got you past the stage where there was very little help and into a period where vaccines really help and if it does get bad there are other medicines available to help.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

But I think it's something we have to get used to catching now, with the vaccines the impact is less than it was, more like a bad cold or flu.  So being careful got you past the stage where there was very little help and into a period where vaccines really help and if it does get bad there are other medicines available to help.

Exactly! However we have all got so used to being careful it's kind if counter-intuitive to now expect to get it sooner or later.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

That’s the inevitable situation, sure, but the scientific advice was to relax things more slowly, as the rapid reduction we underwent was predicted to create the spike the we have seen in case numbers we have seen. 

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ade layout is looking very good, I like the plan to go out and about in the garden.

Sorry to hear you both have had C19 but great you are on the mend. 

Same for me had the 4 jabs but as soon as they relaxed the need for masks KAPOW I got it.  It only lasted a few days, then a bit groggy for a few more but now back to norm.  It's main effect was to make me even more irritable than normal [if that's possible].  

Best

• Friendly/supportive 4

• 4 weeks later...

Great to have you back Ade, l caught Covid back last November and ended up in hospital for three days as l am a diabetic, was very scary indeed, (still not 100%), the doctors say it could be a year to get back to normal ? but you have to carry on the best you can, hope you both recover ASAP glad to say my MOJO has returned at last.

PS The layout is looking really good Buddy, love the weathered locos you have done...

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Not much done the past few weeks due to real life getting in the way.

But tomorrow I have a new airbrush being delivered so I hope to do some weathering on the container wagons etc.

I have got a custom order in for Malmesbury engine shed with Phil from Intentio so looking forward to to getting that in the coming weeks.

Cheers, Ade.

6470423B-67C9-4993-9BE3-DC6AA032D93E.jpeg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

The new airbrush arrived this afternoon and was soon put to work. The container wagons have had roof dirt and frame dirt and some pigments to the brake blocks. The plasticy sheen has now gone which is the only criticism of these great models.

9A1A9030-20B9-4DCB-A103-2594507988A9.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1