Hornby 2019 announcements

Andy Y

No way, damn I hadn't pre-ordered yet but would be interesting if the previous price is honored or not for those who did?

Not surprisingly original pre-order price cannot be honoured. New pre-order price is £269.99 .

Edited by WILLIAM

Just went into my Hatton's account and my pre-order price of £203.50 still stands...interesting.

Fingers crossed you get it at the reduced amount, but if I was a betting man, i’d Say that Hattons will not honour that price....

Copy and paste from Hattons...

Pricing policy

The price you pay will be the current price advertised on www.hattons.co.uk excluding any items that have been priced in error. In the event these circumstances occur you will be notified before any price adjustments are made and given the option to accept or reject the revised order.

Fingers crossed you get it at the reduced amount, but if I was a betting man, i’d Say that Hattons will not honour that price....

Copy and paste from Hattons...

Pricing policy

The price you pay will be the current price advertised on www.hattons.co.uk excluding any items that have been priced in error. In the event these circumstances occur you will be notified before any price adjustments are made and given the option to accept or reject the revised order.

Thanks for ruining my day  :jester:

I think Rails of Sheffield are one of the retailers that has the "PRICE PROMISE" feature.

Yes they do but I think someone else mentioned on here their pre-ordered price went up when Rails changed it, someone will need to confirm?

Mine still stands.

Edited by classy52

Now the dust is beginning to settle can I praise Hornby for their bold program. I am however surprised at the J83 tank release.......Is this the only Hornby steam loco still with moulded handrails? I appreciate that there is a temptation to build quickly on the success of the (wonderful) new J36 but Hornby have overlooked a really quick win for the Scottish scene.

A further issue of their Scottish B1. Only one production run I now of and now quite sought after.

This is a very distinctive B1 looking quite different from her Southern cousins. I did mention this to Hornby on their stand at last years Ally Pally but I dare say there was a lot going on.

The other Brian MacD 

Now the dust is beginning to settle can I praise Hornby for their bold program. I am however surprised at the J83 tank release.......Is this the only Hornby steam loco still with moulded handrails?

Nope, the venerable GWR 101 is all moulded as well, ditto the generic 0-4-0 in the Railroad range.

• RMweb Premium

Just went into my Hatton's account and my pre-order price of £203.50 still stands...interesting.

My preorder price has gone up to £270. Haven’t had an email saying that yet though. I’ll probably end up paying around £230-240 as I dont pay VAT being in NZ.

• RMweb Premium

Not seen it specifically mentioned here (but could have missed it)

If you are a subscriber to Hornby Magazine, then you can get a £3.60 discount off the £8.99 catalogue. So paying just £5.39

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, WH Smith / Tesco were doing a combined current month Mag & Catalogue for £9.99

So in effect, you are getting the equivalent of the same deal. To qualify, you have to contact Key Publishing on 01780 480404

Just ordered the catalogue myself, and at £5.39 with free P&P I must say it's a bargain.

https://shop.keypublishing.com/product/View/productCode/SPECHCAT19/Hornby%202019%20Catalogue

Not seen it specifically mentioned here (but could have missed it)

If you are a subscriber to Hornby Magazine, then you can get a £3.60 discount off the £8.99 catalogue. So paying just £5.39

As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, WH Smith / Tesco were doing a combined current month Mag & Catalogue for £9.99

So in effect, you are getting the equivalent of the same deal. To qualify, you have to contact Key Publishing on 01780 480404

Just ordered the catalogue myself, and at £5.39 with free P&P I must say it's a bargain.

https://shop.keypublishing.com/product/View/productCode/SPECHCAT19/Hornby%202019%20Catalogue

Rails of Sheffield also offer free postage on the Hornby Catalogue @£8.99.

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Gold

My preorder price has gone up to £270. Haven’t had an email saying that yet though. I’ll probably end up paying around £230-240 as I dont pay VAT being in NZ.

Lots of retailers (Derails, MRD, Colletts etc) still have the £203 price but all have t&c's that allow them to change the price. :( Edited by ruggedpeak

Now the dust is beginning to settle can I praise Hornby for their bold program. I am however surprised at the J83 tank release.......Is this the only Hornby steam loco still with moulded handrails? I appreciate that there is a temptation to build quickly on the success of the (wonderful) new J36 but Hornby have overlooked a really quick win for the Scottish scene.

A further issue of their Scottish B1. Only one production run I now of and now quite sought after.

This is a very distinctive B1 looking quite different from her Southern cousins. I did mention this to Hornby on their stand at last years Ally Pally but I dare say there was a lot going on.

The other Brian MacD 

You mean this one? :)

post-7929-0-37576400-1547758570_thumb.jpg

What a cracking model!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I hope you'll forgive the slight tangent but re. the catalogue, I haven't seen one or looked at one for years, is there anything in it other than the same product descriptions that can be found online and on many retailers' websites that makes it worth almost £9 (roughly twice the cost of a magazine)?  I haven't had once since the 1990s, so apologies if I'm missing something here.

I had a quick look in one this afternoon - and no, it's just lots of photos of rolling stock and accessories.

It's a long time since the Hornby catalogue had an instructional section in the back which made it into a 'how to build a layout' bookazine rather than just advertising...

Just realised that the Hornby catalogue now (and in fact for some years) costs more than my first loco did!

• RMweb Premium

Lots of retailers (Derails, MRD, Colletts etc) still have the £203 price but all have t&c's that allow them to change the price. :(

Had my email today giving me the option to cancel. I won’t be but it’s nice to receive it.

Shshsh. Hey Hilux, just quietly between you and me, you do know that you should pay about 144 NZ $ on top of that price, on import don’t you... Possibly a touch more if there’s any shipping cost. (I’ve assumed it would be imported as a “toy”)

See calculator at https://www.customs.govt.nz/personal/duty-and-gst/whats-my-duty-estimator/

Mind you, probably still considerably less than you’d pay retail in NZ, if / when such models actually arrive here.

• RMweb Premium

Shshsh. Hey Hilux, just quietly between you and me, you do know that you should pay about 144 NZ $ on top of that price, on import don’t you... Possibly a touch more if there’s any shipping cost. (I’ve assumed it would be imported as a “toy”)

See calculator at https://www.customs.govt.nz/personal/duty-and-gst/whats-my-duty-estimator/

Mind you, probably still considerably less than you’d pay retail in NZ, if / when such models actually arrive here.

Yeah I know. Would be even more if it was at the higher price.

Yeah I know. Would be even more if it was at the higher price.