Now with Videos! Stranraer ‘themed’ loft layout 1959-64

danstercivicman

More undertakings at the Pier End.

Some dioramas/cameos are developing. 

I am not too keen on the Dock crane but it will do for the minute.  

The ex-RAF crane is the conflat crane and as per recent photographs I have come across the Station Harbour was a busy place! 

2967F7B3-DF52-434C-BD13-450426CF0C71.jpeg

B57AB906-959C-4E6B-A005-CA8158029FBD.jpeg

2FE05EFD-194F-49F3-9421-699394CC26D2.jpeg

Edited by danstercivicman
Remove spelling mistake
  • Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Western SMT had two colours of bus . Black and White was long distance or express services and Red Cream was the local service bus . Both would have been seen at Stranraer .  I only remember Alexander Y Types which were after these , possibly early 70s rather than 60s . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Legend said:

Western SMT had two colours of bus . Black and White was long distance or express services and Red Cream was the local service bus . Both would have been seen at Stranraer .  I only remember Alexander Y Types which were after these , possibly early 70s rather than 60s . 

I did not know that brilliant information :)

That makes sense as it’s a couple of stations along the line.  I will look out for a red one :) 

Edited by danstercivicman
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Understand your dilemma.

I think that where big boats (ships) are involved the double ones are more common.  It allows a looping figure of 8 to hold the ropes tight once docked. Only based on memories of CalMac ferries so could be completely wrong.

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

58 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Understand your dilemma.

I think that where big boats (ships) are involved the double ones are more common.  It allows a looping figure of 8 to hold the ropes tight once docked. Only based on memories of CalMac ferries so could be completely wrong.

Paul.

Thank you.  I will reinstate them at strategic points.  I think the ferry certainly classes as a fairly big boat :)

• Like 1