Bala Town

Andrew P

9 hours ago, gismorail said:

Agree with andyram another classic Andy Peters master piece in the making , even constructing coaling stage 30mins after breakfast .......not good for the digestive system.....how many times did you climb those steps Andy to get them worn that much :jester: or was just pure :butcher:

Cheers Martin, up and down them bloomin steps wiv me obb nail boots and now me old feet are worn out too.

Heater will go on in 10 minutes, and a start will be made just after 9 on some more bits.

I picked up some wire yesterday for the Point Rodding so may do some of that today, as I'm having a day off from running around.

The Good Lady is away for the weekend going Down Sarf, to visit the rest of the Family, so some mates will be partaking coffee and biscuits no doubt.

Edited by Andrew P
add an S
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks Andy, really not sure about the word classic, but its an enjoyable build, with a few challenges that are keeping me on my toes.

Good to see you last week at the Ilkeston / Trowel Show, hope you had a profitable day.

It was good to see you too mate. Yes it was a profitable day, definitely worth getting out of bed for.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, georgeT said:

Coaling stage looks well worn mate, fits in nicely....

Cheers Buddy, I need a small Hut to sit in side the Shed area somewhere near the  entrance, so I'll be getting out my box of coffee stirrers and plasticard for that later this week.

Then a start on the over Road Over Bridge, (PLEASE NOTE, I HAVE NO BUSSES).

5 minutes ago, andyram said:

It was good to see you too mate. Yes it was a profitable day, definitely worth getting out of bed for.

My wallet was burning a hole in my pocket, looking for something for my next 4mm project, instead I bought a coffee and cake.:taunt:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

YES I know it should be square

Doesn’t have to be. GWR rodding was round, would only be square if it had been redone by BR.   Different type of rollers but shhhhh don’t tell anyone and they won’t notice. 

You’re creating an impression and you’ve done it well.

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks 1

Yup Andy rule 1 applies but in my rule 1 point rodding is invisible.  If I tried to install rodding I think I would lose it and be found smashing up the layout with a dead trout in frustration.:aggressive_mini::crazy_mini::notme:

You must have the patience of a saint and the skill of an  IRSE team.

Great work.

Best

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Spent a pleasant couple of hours over at Andy's last night while he was working on this. 

I had not even thought about adding this detail to my layout, but this has given me food for thought for the future.

Cheers, Ade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

Doesn’t have to be. GWR rodding was round, would only be square if it had been redone by BR.   Different type of rollers but shhhhh don’t tell anyone and they won’t notice. 

You’re creating an impression and you’ve done it well.

Paul.

7 hours ago, georgeT said:

Totally agree with Paul, the rodding  looks good to me Buddy, if it looks right enough then that'll do for me (rule one)…

6 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Yup Andy rule 1 applies but in my rule 1 point rodding is invisible.  If I tried to install rodding I think I would lose it and be found smashing up the layout with a dead trout in frustration.:aggressive_mini::crazy_mini::notme:

You must have the patience of a saint and the skill of an  IRSE team.

Great work.

Best

Cheers Guys, the impressionistic approach is that from 200 Meters it looks like there might be some sort of Point Rodding, and that is all I was looking for.

Just an hour out in TOPS later before going to Mums and MANY other jobs to do.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Spent a pleasant couple of hours over at Andy's last night while he was working on this. 

I had not even thought about adding this detail to my layout, but this has given me food for thought for the future.

Cheers, Ade.

Cheers Ade, Yes a nice evening and next time we WILL have more Trains running, I promise, haha.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

looks the business to me Bodge, not that I know anything about it. But to me it looks the part, and that's all that counts.

Al

I'm sure you know more than your letting on Al, but thanks anyway.

I had a nice visit this evening from Bob, the chap that bought my Trebudoc O Gauge Layout many years ago now. And he brought around his new Coal Board Pannier with a Youchoos  sound chip, and weathered by Club Member Charlie King, but he forgot to do the doors as they were open, so it's going back for a little touch up, (OOOHHH now now then).

BUT I cant seem to get any photos uploaded this evening.

Andy the point rodding looks great especially now you have painted the base plates no Bodging there mate excellent you should be proud of your efforts :fan:......NCB pannier looks the business must have escaped from one of the coal mines in the Wrexham area and needed to stretch it's coupling rods :jester:

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Andy the point rodding looks great especially now you have painted the base plates no Bodging there mate excellent you should be proud of your efforts :fan:......NCB pannier looks the business must have escaped from one of the coal mines in the Wrexham area and needed to stretch it's coupling rods :jester:

Cheers Martin, that Pannier is certainly mouth watering for a mere £150 from Dapol plus the cost of Sound so a nice little Loco that will be re visiting TOPS again soon I hope.

3 minutes ago, gismorail said:

PS that's a very fine looking Jinty Andy :fan:

I really MUST get on and weather the rest of my fleet soon.

Hello Andy, one of your recently posted photos has a great close-up of the point rodding, only needs a dusting of rust & dust from an airbrush to top it out.

Lovely job.

Regards

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Hello Andy, one of your recently posted photos has a great close-up of the point rodding, only needs a dusting of rust & dust from an airbrush to top it out.

Lovely job.

Regards

Yes, nothing's weathered until it's all ballasted, then it will be all blended as one.

• Agree 1