Bala Town

Andrew P

1 minute ago, bgman said:

Crackin bit of work there Andy.

Question if I may, is the bloke in the vehicle named Van Gogh by any chance ? :lol:

G

Not that I know of mate, but I do need to change that phone Number for a more 1960's  one rather than a Mobile.

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 minutes ago, KNP said:

Backscene looks very effective and lifelike.

I assume the lorry isn't O gauge as it looks a bit small.

Cheers Kevin, If you mean the Ford Thames Trader, Yes it is ''O'' Gauge by Oxford.

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Actually I meant the maroon one in the last picture!

3 hours ago, KNP said:

Actually I meant the maroon one in the last picture!

It's supposed to be according to the Box, but I no longer have the box, and it definitely looks smaller than the Van.

1 hour ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

The van really does look part of the road, very effective.

Cheers Ade, I had to have with the Wales bit on the side, PLUS I had an Ex Co-op one that I went from Portsmouth to Scotland in for the Scottish Six Days Trials in May 1970.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Andrew P said:

With just an hour in TOPS before Lunch today, I decided to do Phase 2 of the Station backscene area.

Hi Andy,

Did you decide that the level crossing didn't look right then?  Sorry if I have missed something...

...however I really really really do need to give you a BIG vote of thanks.  You have renewed so much enthusiast with those photos. I can see I now just have to wait ... somebody really has invented time travel! Now I know I will actually be able to go back 15 years before I was born and see proper main line steam in action!   At least, I hope you are not going to let me down, I mean the chap in that van must be a time traveller - in Hill Valley they had a flying delorian, in Doctor Who its some Police Box, but in Bala is a time machine cunningly disguised as a 'National Transport Festival Of Wales' van from the 21st Century ....

:( What do you mean its not a time machine .. it must be... they didn't have mobile phones or phone numbers starting 07 in the 1960s! :drink_mini:

Rich

(whose on a good day if you haven't guessed!)

• Friendly/supportive 1

Andy

Does that van belong to Doctor Who?

I only ask because it has a mobile phone number on the side and i don't think they had invented them in the period in which your layout is set?

In those days hte boxes that phones came in were red and on the street corner

Paul R

On 20/02/2019 at 20:48, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

Did you decide that the level crossing didn't look right then?  Sorry if I have missed something...

...however I really really really do need to give you a BIG vote of thanks.  You have renewed so much enthusiast with those photos. I can see I now just have to wait ... somebody really has invented time travel! Now I know I will actually be able to go back 15 years before I was born and see proper main line steam in action!   At least, I hope you are not going to let me down, I mean the chap in that van must be a time traveller - in Hill Valley they had a flying delorian, in Doctor Who its some Police Box, but in Bala is a time machine cunningly disguised as a 'National Transport Festival Of Wales' van from the 21st Century ....

:( What do you mean its not a time machine .. it must be... they didn't have mobile phones or phone numbers starting 07 in the 1960s! :drink_mini:

Rich

(whose on a good day if you haven't guessed!)

Rich, The Level crossing is on Seven Mills Sidings beyond the Disused Platform mate.

Also in my pics above I did mention that the Phone Number needed changing, but not yet, when I have more time on my hands.

Edited by Andrew P
aded a word
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Andy

Does that van belong to Doctor Who?

I only ask because it has a mobile phone number on the side and i don't think they had invented them in the period in which your layout is set?

In those days hte boxes that phones came in were red and on the street corner

Paul R

Hi Paul, As mentioned above the phone number will be changed, and I HAVE the Red Phone Boxes but they will need going in later once I've built them, and moved around to that section with the scenics etc.

Andy

Are they the PECO versions or Langley.

The Langley ones have the word telephone etched into the top which I didnt like so I have made a sheet of paper with them in the telephone font which I will substitute. Need to file off the raised letters though!

If you need a copy send me a PM (and anyone else for that matter)

Paul R

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Andy

Are they the PECO versions or Langley.

The Langley ones have the word telephone etched into the top which I didnt like so I have made a sheet of paper with them in the telephone font which I will substitute. Need to file off the raised letters though!

If you need a copy send me a PM (and anyone else for that matter)

Paul R

They are the Peco ones Paul, and have the Logo inside for cutting out and sticking on, (possibly NOT with the Hot Glue Gun though).:P

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Rich, The Level crossing is on Seven Mills Sidings beyond the Disused Platform mate.

Also in my pics above I did mention that the Phone Number needed changing, but not yet, when I have more time on my hands.

Sorry Andy, I was getting mixed up between SMS and BT - sounds more like a mobile phone company!  Talking of which thank you for dashing my hopes of a time machine :( Missed your comment about the phone number entirely ...oops!

Hope all is ok at your end - don't go doing too much, aside from anything your an important asset to rmWeb :)  Take care mate

Rich

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sjrixon said:

Looks like a productive and therapeutic session. That's looking smart.

Cheers Scott, I think I got more PVA on my fingers than anywhere else, but still all good fun and relaxing.

• Like 2

A new experiment for me today.

Normally I paint the Rail sides and then Ballast, but I've seen others do the ballasting first and then weather / paint the Rails etc. with a fair degree of success, like George T and Jintyman, so I thought I would try it first with the Bay Platform line, and see if I like it.

IMG_6758.JPG.537b08d7b5d8a3007ac693f98f871bbe.JPG

• Like 9