Bachmann 32-780RJ 37025

DRS Crewe On A Mission

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone, 

I wonder if anyone could help with this query please?

Hattons website currently has both models of the Bachmann Regional Exclusive 37025 advertised (both standard and sound fitted). These have the product codes of 32-780RJ and 32-780RJDS respectively. Although it now states "product cancelled from production" on both the standard model and the sound fitted model. This must have been updated recently as when I checked a couple of weeks ago this message wasn't their. 

Can anyone confirm if Bachmann are producing these models or not? 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone, 

I wonder if anyone could help with this query please?

Hattons website currently has both models of the Bachmann Regional Exclusive 37025 advertised (both standard and sound fitted). These have the product codes of 32-780RJ and 32-780RJDS respectively. Although it now states "product cancelled from production" on both the standard model and the sound fitted model. This must have been updated recently as when I checked a couple of weeks ago this message wasn't their. 

Can anyone confirm if Bachmann are producing these models or not? 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny.

Probably because Bachmann and Hatton’s have had a huge falling out over their decision to produce a Class 66. If it has been cancelled, I’m sure I’d have heard about it from the dealer I ordered mine from.

• RMweb Premium

Probably because Bachmann and Hatton’s have had a huge falling out over their decision to produce a Class 66. If it has been cancelled, I’m sure I’d have heard about it from the dealer I ordered mine from.

Which combined would suggest anyone with a pre-order from Hatton's might be advised to pre-order from elsewhere instead or risk missing out.

Which combined would suggest anyone with a pre-order from Hatton's might be advised to pre-order from elsewhere instead or risk missing out.

Ooo err, unless the Hattons allocation are going to be spread about to other model shops, I fear that folk will struggle to pre order one now. Would not surprise me if they were all spoken for sadly. It would be terribly sad if people were to miss out through no fault of their own. After all, they ordered from a very well respected and reputable company. Who could have forseen these problems arising?

Edited by 66738

I am not sure that there is anything to concern people with pre-orders of Bachmann items. Hattons has lots of Bachmann items open for pre-orders. If there were any supply problems I am sure they would have suspended all pre-ordering of Bachmann items.

Most likely they have simply sold their allocation.

Regards

Roddy

If I were you I’d shop around for the regional models anyway. I go to Crafty Hobbies in Barrow in Furness and got my DRS 47 at a very good price. Many of the smaller shops offer great service and don’t have an issue giving the best prices to regular customers.

Cheers

Mark

I am not sure that there is anything to concern people with pre-orders of Bachmann items. Hattons has lots of Bachmann items open for pre-orders. If there were any supply problems I am sure they would have suspended all pre-ordering of Bachmann items.

Regards

Roddy

I would think it likely that all Bachmann pre-orders at Hatton's are uncertain until the dispute between the two companies is settled. It is impossible to know if or when that might happen. At the moment, if you have a Bachmann preorder with them, then you are essentially hoping the dispute will be settled before the model is released. That'll be too much of a risk for many.

• RMweb Premium

Regards

Roddy

I don't want to reopen the discussion here, but Hatton's hasn't been supplied by Bachmann for some months now and unless such deliveries resume, Hatton's are unlikely to receive any allocation of 37025 to honour their pre-orders.

Regards

Roddy

Hattons have not received any new releases from Bachmann since 1st week of November 2018.

Any preorders of those items from Hattons remain unfulfilled.

• RMweb Premium

In the light of the tossing of teddies out of prams that has occurred between Hattons and Bachmann I have moved all of my pre-orders for Farish and Bachmann items elsewhere as I can foresee this issue being a very long drawn out one.

Hattons have not received any new releases from Bachmann since 1st week of November 2018.

Any preorders of those items from Hattons remain unfulfilled.

In the interest of all customers with outstanding Bachmann pre-orders, it would be courteous of Hatton's to comment on their on-going supply issues ? 

Edited by tractor_37260

• RMweb Gold

In the interest of all customers with outstanding Bachmann pre-orders, it would be courteous of Hatton's to comment on their on-going supply issues ?

A friend of mine contacted Hatton’s and tried to preorder some of Bachmann’s 2019 releases and he was told due to unforeseen circumstances they are unable to honour preorders with Bachmann. When he pushed he was given a polite brush off, so make of that what you want.

Why would a manufacturer supply goods directly to a competitor, because that is what Hattons became to Bachmann as soon as they announced they were going to produce a 66, some call it teddy throwing, others call it protecting your business.

• RMweb Premium

A friend of mine contacted Hatton’s and tried to preorder some of Bachmann’s 2019 releases and he was told due to unforeseen circumstances they are unable to honour preorders with Bachmann.

In which case surely those with existing pre-orders should be advised by Hatton’s now that they will not be fulfilled? Good on Hatton’s though for not taking pre-orders for 2019 releases if they don’t currently expect to be able to fulfil them.

Well I guess my preorder will be out the window from Hattons then. Be nice to know if and where the numbers allocated for Hattons will be going therefore able to preorder from that source.

My guess would be that Bachmann will make the models originally “allocated” to Hatton’s available for other retailers to order, in this case those in the sales area concerned. They may already have been reallocated for all we or any retailers know. The best bet would probably to contact a retailer and ask if they can accept any more pre-orders. Presumably they will know if it is sold out at Bachmann.

Why would a manufacturer supply goods directly to a competitor, because that is what Hattons became to Bachmann as soon as they announced they were going to produce a 66, some call it teddy throwing, others call it protecting your business.

If a competitor wanted to sell my products as well as their own, GREAT!

It's a bit sad that it took competition for Bachmann to reduce the price of the Class 66.

The Class 66 was known about months before, so why in Nov 2018 should it become a problem?  Here's hoping they announce a Class 47 next..... and Accurascale a Class 37  At worst they may drop the SRP from £169.95 to just under £145, as per the Class 66!  Who ever said competition was a bad thing!

Regards,

C. 

Just to say the Bachmann and Hattons issue is not down to the class 66 as everyone keeps speculating. Something appears to have happened around the time they launched the sale of the century possible around T&C. I am not looking to spread rumours but to clarify Bachmann are not trying to bully others that are deemed competitors to there products.

Please don't kill this thread with speculation around the issue as I don't know the answer but it is not the class 66 thats the issue. I will remove this post if the Andy feels it's inappropriate.

I would like to add that I have pre-ordered 37025 at Scoonie Hobbies who I believe have also sold out so I suggest anyone looking to get one does so quickly as they are going to be hard to get once released.

I managed to order one from the tmc last week and also cancelled my order from Hattons and the tmc said that they didn’t only had a few left

Hi Craig1989. Can you confirm what tmc said as your post is a little confusing. I suspect it’s a typo and you meant to say that tmc said that they only had a few left? If they didn’t only have a few (but quite a lot) available it would be good news for some out there.

• RMweb Premium

Just to say the Bachmann and Hattons issue is not down to the class 66 as everyone keeps speculating. Something appears to have happened around the time they launched the sale of the century possible around T&C. I am not looking to spread rumours but to clarify Bachmann are not trying to bully others that are deemed competitors to there products.

Please don't kill this thread with speculation around the issue as I don't know the answer but it is not the class 66 thats the issue. I will remove this post if the Andy feels it's inappropriate.

I would like to add that I have pre-ordered 37025 at Scoonie Hobbies who I believe have also sold out so I suggest anyone looking to get one does so quickly as they are going to be hard to get once released.

Quite a while ago now Bachmann made it very clear that retailers offering discounts grater than a certain percentage of the RRP for the first 3 months would find themselves having difficulty in being supplied with new releases in future (resulting in quite a lot of debate around 'price fixing' on the forum. Possibly Hatton's have fallen fowl of this edict with their sales promotion over Christmas / new year with the result that they are unable to guarantee they will receive any new releases from Bachmann until some time after other retailers.