Class 26/27 photos

1 hour ago, balders said:

Having done some digging......... BEFORE October 1983 CL was indeed Glasgow Cowlairs.........so the branding on the stock in the 70s would have referred indeed to Cowlairs. When Cowlairs closed the CL was transferred to Carlisle Upperby. 

My bad! Every day a school day! 

Regards 

Guy 

Was Cowlairs closed as early as October 1983? I expected it to have been closer to Sprinterisation and 1989 or was it just the coaches allocated elsewhere while still being maintained there later?

37 minutes ago, GordonC said:

Was Cowlairs closed as early as October 1983? I expected it to have been closer to Sprinterisation and 1989 or was it just the coaches allocated elsewhere while still being maintained there later?

No idea how it's role changed after that date........not privy to any info regarding DMU's etc or sectorisation and other multiple units. A quick look at coaching stock allocations in 1985 doesn't show any stock allocated to GC that i can see.......it's split between Perth, Inverness and Fort William with MK3's at Craigentinny and of course a large number of MK1's etc at Carlisle. There were stored coaches at GC though. 

Regards

Guy

Edited by balders
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...