Class 26/27 photos

• RMweb Gold

Don’t have many memories of class 26/27, obviously being up in Scotland I didn’t see many of them as a kid, always used to love going to Carlisle though and seeing one sat in the sidings having worked to wigton with the chemical tanks 

I can only find 2 pics my dad will have taken back in the 80s, I don’t remember going with him on this trip, must have been the time he gorged on toblerone and drove to Dundee bare feet

27inv.jpg

26.jpg

• Like 15
  • Funny 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 21/04/2023 at 15:27, jjb1970 said:

27 3.png

How many Class 27's carried an Eastfield dog?  I am pretty sure this is the first one I have seen?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, John M Upton said:

How many Class 27's carried an Eastfield dog?  I am pretty sure this is the first one I have seen?

A few of them did, there were also a few examples that ran around with white Inverness stags.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2023 at 19:28, Rugd1022 said:

Photo by Jim Freebury : D5300 at Edinburgh Waverley on 27th August 1971...

D5300RDAVEJIMF270871.jpg.af68f171a7b48eeeef4c1dbc798d7fd1.jpg

The first-built '26' was an astonishing survivor - note its original unique higher number with no serifs on the D prefix, suggesting no repaint during the 13 years since construction. Even more remarkable was that during that time it was dual-braked but still emerged with its original paint finish intact - BRCW must have given their first BR diesel some serious coats of varnish! D5301 also lasted a similar time in green syp livery so perhaps that one was similarly shiny in 1958.

• Like 3