BLACKNEY, a Glimpse of the Forest

westerner

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Visiting my brother in Blakeney today as Im on my travels from East Yorkshire. So thought I photo the remnants of the viaduct here.

C338B5F5-E22D-4B48-97EA-7000CC9A37E4.jpeg

My eyes cant help being drawn to the imminent 4 way car crash!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

Years ago, I lived and worked in Cheltenham, and we would go to the forest for days out on the weekend, walking or cycling. There is something about your layout that captures the feeling of the place - a slightly too-much quietness. The lighting helps a lot - hard, deep shadows from a strong afternoon sunshine.

Nick.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Paulbb I used Tcut and a small glass fibre scratch brush, used gently in a cicular motion on the roundal, one side was removed with no problems, the other side did take a very small patch of light green off but luckily this was under the lion so was covered up by the new Fox transfer. I was working on the principal that if it wasn't it would be covered by the weathering

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, westerner said:

Paulbb I used Tcut and a small glass fibre scratch brush, used gently in a cicular motion on the roundal, one side was removed with no problems, the other side did take a very small patch of light green off but luckily this was under the lion so was covered up by the new Fox transfer. I was working on the principal that if it wasn't it would be covered by the weathering

I use T-Cut and a cocktail stick shaved to a flat end. Easier to see what you're doing than with the oft-recommended cotton bud.

• Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, paulbb said:

Alan

I agree with your comments about the model, and my DC version runs very sweetly indeed - but how did you remove the coaching roundel on the cabside without damaging the paintwork ?

I use 2000 grade wet and dry to remove some logos - its like a gentle polish. I tend to use this on factory finish anyway especially on diesels to really smooth down the surface. Avoid rivets and raised detail and after a very light buff with kitchen roll, it looks more like metal, which then I weather with washes, wiped off to leave a light layer of grime which clings in the detail where the surface is still rougher. Not my idea - pinched from Giles on here who does all the amazing radio controlled vehicles.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

A spec savers moment. Upon reading a thread on WT it was pointed out that the footplate sides wers loco green, something I had not noticed before an looking more crefully at prototype photos realised i had missed that.

I started hunting round for a tin of loco green. I didn;t have one and whilst pondering noticed that the backscene seemed very close to said green. I unearthed a bottle of Tamya Flat Green (the colour used on the backscene and tried it out some black plasticard. It was very close so I decided to risk knowing it would be weathered which would bring it into line if it was too far out. It seems to have worked. Remember that the body has already been weathered and the footplate edge has not been. It appears to be a very close match.

403143333_footplaterepaint.jpg.a18e2dcaa03ac8c555ac8e2a08ac7cbd.jpg

I think when weathered it will blend in quite nicely. All I need now is the gauze@ wire netting to go behind tha cab footsteps.

Edited by westerner
  • Like 13

• 3 weeks later...

After a bit??? of a struggle I managed to get the cab off and insert driver and second man. To be honest I'm not too sure if it was worth the effort. I'll let you make your mind up. It looks like someones in there but-------------------- 

1053554385_driverinstalled2.jpg.5cc7c6590da379b83288d97bc97cc347.jpg

By the way the bent hand rail has been straightened.

3380255_crewinstalled.jpg.a4190307d721226a8bf8da1d05c3bae6.jpg

Edited by westerner
Photo revealed bent hand rail
  • Like 16

• 3 weeks later...