RevolutioN/Accurascale MK.5/MK.5A coaching stock/DT

TomE

56 minutes ago, stevea said:

Hi

Pleasant surprise on the doormat when N gauge TPE set 2 arrived. Not had chance to evaluate it yet but looks impressive at first glance.

Steve

Who's delivering them please then I can look out for mine.

Thanks

Steve

25 minutes ago, spenc said:

Who's delivering them please then I can look out for mine.

Thanks

Steve

Hi, Steve

Mine arrived Royal Mail. Only a basic test run so far but very good

Regards

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, stevea said:

Hi, Steve

Mine arrived Royal Mail. Only a basic test run so far but very good

Regards

Steve

Thanks,better pull my finger out and put the new legs on the layout.

Steve

1 minute ago, gedlee said:

I was hoping to receive news of my set as we have an area group meeting on Sunday and I would have liked to show them off!
No delivery info from Royal Mail though.

cheers,

Ged.

I haven't had delivery info yet.

Steve

• RMweb Gold

I've just paid the remainder of my order so should get my MK5s through next week. Now all I need is for Dapol to pull their finger out and release the Class 68 TPE I have on pre-order.

Edited by AndrueC

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

I've just paid the remainder of my order so should get mk Mk5s through next week. Now all I need is for Dapol to pull their finger out and release the Class 68 TPE I have on pre-order.

It feels like the new batch of N gauge 68's has got lost in transit somewhere, been in the coming soon advert in magazines multiple times.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Kaput said:

It feels like the new batch of N gauge 68's has got lost in transit somewhere, been in the coming soon advert in magazines multiple times.

There is a thread in the Dapol section where one of their employees talks about examining a production sample. That was posted early December so that makes 'first quarter 2024' seem slightly more plausible.

Although reading it again it doesn't indicate which scale model he was looking at.

Edited by AndrueC

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

There is a thread in the Dapol section where one of their employees talks about examining a production sample. That was posted early December so that makes 'first quarter 2024' seem slightly more plausible.

I think that post is referring to the newest batch of OO ones (which amusingly went from announcement to decorated samples in what seems like only a couple of months).

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Kaput said:

If they are on a boat that has avoided the Red Sea, they arrive late and then lose the planned berth at the port leading to even longer delays....

Could be bobbing around in the North Sea somewhere...

On 19/01/2024 at 13:55, Mike Harvey said:

I have a Class 68 waiting to be coupled up as soon as Royal Mail delivers tomorrow as per their email this morning.

I have had the TPE set running for a couple of hours. The Class 68 has no trouble hauling at 125mph, and propelling at 100mph - tested just to see that the combo is fine for all normal needs. 

• Like 6

On last Friday night I had a rather pleasant surprise when my new Revolution Trains Mk 5 TPE coaches arrived! I spent most of the weekend running them behind various locos (I hope to buy a TPE Class 68 soon) on my layout, and I loved the working lights!

Sam   

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Brian-1c said:

Class 68s in N gauge are in the country, Dapol says and are being sent out now.

So the race is on, lol? Still no sign of my MK5a coaches so perhaps the loco will get here first after all.

20 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

So the race is on, lol? Still no sign of my MK5a coaches so perhaps the loco will get here first after all.

Still waiting for my MK5s they was dispatched friday.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Still no photos - I don't believe they exist! 😉

I'm looking forward to seeing the development of Transpennine services at this weekend's NGS Yorkshire Area Group meeting. To go with the Mk5 sets I'll be taking my class 47 and Mk2 and a new class 158!

Steven B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steven B said:

Still no photos - I don't believe they exist! 😉

I'm looking forward to seeing the development of Transpennine services at this weekend's NGS Yorkshire Area Group meeting. To go with the Mk5 sets I'll be taking my class 47 and Mk2 and a new class 158!

Steven B

I was expecting to see photos on here,I think my set has got lost or they are shunted in a siding up north with the real ones.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, spenc said:

I was expecting to see photos on here,I think my set has got lost or they are shunted in a siding up north with the real ones.

I got the dispatched notification last Friday, heard nothing since. Dapol/Kernow are still in with a chance of winning this race.

• RMweb Gold

Can I just remind folk that Mike H has mentioned several times, when a balance invoice is paid, it automatically generates a dispatch email. This doesn’t mean your models have been shipped, it’s just a glitch in the payment system. 

Ben, Mike H and Simon are currently packing the TPE sets as I type, but there are only so many hours in the day….and all three of them have a fair amount of other work to do within the business too. Remember….theres only four of us. 

The orders will be worked through in time and we thank you for your patience.

Cheers

Mike B

• Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Revolution Mike B said:

Can I just remind folk that Mike H has mentioned several times, when a balance invoice is paid, it automatically generates a dispatch email.

Hi

Not always though as I didn’t get one when I paid my balance last week.

Cheers

Paul

I have succumbed and ordered both a class 68 and the TPE coaching set from Kernow as they only showed having one left of Felix and in contrast to the MK5 sleepers I’m only seeing positive reviews of the TPE coaches. That is really pleasing as the model certainly looks lovely. Felix will no doubt arrive first as I suspect it will be another week before retailers get their stock of the coaching sets.

David 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, bmthtrains - David said:

I have succumbed and ordered both a class 68 and the TPE coaching set from Kernow as they only showed having one left of Felix and in contrast to the MK5 sleepers I’m only seeing positive reviews of the TPE coaches. That is really pleasing as the model certainly looks lovely. Felix will no doubt arrive first as I suspect it will be another week before retailers get their stock of the coaching sets.

David 

I've got a sound-fitted Felix on pre-order with Kernow.

Although it's now showing as temporarily out of stock so I'm not sure what to make of that.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

I've got a sound-fitted Felix on pre-order with Kernow.

Although it's now showing as temporarily out of stock so I'm not sure what to make of that.

Seems to happen with the Kernow site when things are new in. It'll start showing stock after a day or two. 

Tom. 

• Thanks 1