Forum software update - 13 March 2019

Login is tediously slow, it is slowlish actually getting to the site and my internet link is not that bad. The problem is that after entering my login and password it is a long while before the site responds. Once in then it is generally OK, but with the occasionaly very slow response particularly when using the back button.

John

• Agree 1

Hello Andy,

Sorry to add to your troubles and workload. My particular issue is that I am having trouble adding attachments to PMs. I tried a couple of nights ago (2 x 2.5Mb) pictures and gave up - just sent the PM without.

Tonight I tried again to send out two pictures (about 1.5Mb each) as .doc files. The weird thing was that the two 2.5Mb pictures were also being shown as queued - seemingly not having been cleared out from the last time (just having said that - do I need to clear my cache this end too?). I killed the post and I await your thoughts.

Cheers,

Philip

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy,

I am not sure if this is related to the update but when I finish reading the new topics and "mark site read" nothing happens but if I then go back to the main header and check new content again, its all been ticked of as read

Peter

5 hours ago, Peter Beckett said:

Hi Andy,

I am not sure if this is related to the update but when I finish reading the new topics and "mark site read" nothing happens but if I then go back to the main header and check new content again, its all been ticked of as read

Peter

I agree. I'm sure it's a change since the latest update. Previously it would mark everything as "read" then refresh to the activities page with a notice like "There are no results to show in this activity stream yet". Now it's necessary to refresh the screen manually to get to that point. Not the end of the world, but clearly a retrograde step.

• RMweb Premium

Andy

I assume some updates were done overnight.  The view new post is not working quite as it should.

When I used this (as I do every time I come onto the board), I was surprised to find no posts between about 7 hours ago (Unread) and yesterday (read).  At the end of the unread posts was one I was interested in and on clicking the back button to return to the view new posts list, a whole host of posts from 7 hours ago through to last night suddenly appeared.

• RMweb Premium

Andy, not sure if this is the right forum to ask this so feel free to move it if necessary.

Today I received an email called "Your RMweb digest" for the first time. I don't think I've changed any settings and I don't really need to receive it but I can't find out how to stop it. Can you help please?

Thanks.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Can't reply to the main new forum thread, so hope it's ok to post here.

There is a very useful up arrow in the bottom rh corner of each page, that takes you back to the first post on that page. Could there also be a down arrow that takes you from the top, or wherever you are, to the last post on that page?

Cheers N

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On ‎21‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:18, Andy Hayter said:

Andy

I assume some updates were done overnight.  The view new post is not working quite as it should.

When I used this (as I do every time I come onto the board), I was surprised to find no posts between about 7 hours ago (Unread) and yesterday (read).  At the end of the unread posts was one I was interested in and on clicking the back button to return to the view new posts list, a whole host of posts from 7 hours ago through to last night suddenly appeared.

This does not seem to have been picked up and it has now happened again, but rather more dramatically with apparently no posts between 7 hours ago and Feb 7th.

RMWeb Unviewed items.docx

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

This does not seem to have been picked up and it has now happened again, but rather more dramatically with apparently no posts between 7 hours ago and Feb 7th.

RMWeb Unviewed items.docx 334.41 kB · 1 download

I've viewed the site with your settings and permissions and cannot replicate this (the same as when I last looked at it) so I'm inclined it could be related to what your cookies are recording as read/unread. Could you try clearing all RMweb cookies from your browser and see if it occurs again please?

• RMweb Premium
On 23/03/2019 at 00:56, St Enodoc said:

Andy, not sure if this is the right forum to ask this so feel free to move it if necessary.

Today I received an email called "Your RMweb digest" for the first time. I don't think I've changed any settings and I don't really need to receive it but I can't find out how to stop it. Can you help please?

Thanks.

Here is the route to the various settings for email notifications:

1. Go to "your own username" on the top right of most screens, open the drop down box.

602089378_Screenshot2019-03-2618_59_04.png.ae2444a05b25eb48528eca078894999d.png

2. Click Account Settings

• A Settings page opens

3. On the right side of the Settings page, click Notification Settings

• A Notification Settings page opens

Hopefully you will find the desired settings for emails here :-)

- Richard.

• RMweb Premium
56 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I've viewed the site with your settings and permissions and cannot replicate this (the same as when I last looked at it) so I'm inclined it could be related to what your cookies are recording as read/unread. Could you try clearing all RMweb cookies from your browser and see if it occurs again please?

Cookies cleared and now working OK, but as far as  I can tell it has been since I first reported the problem last Thursday and today with the issue only happening twice - so far.

I will let you know when/if it happens again.

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, 47137 said:

Here is the route to the various settings for email notifications:

1. Go to "your own username" on the top right of most screens, open the drop down box.

602089378_Screenshot2019-03-2618_59_04.png.ae2444a05b25eb48528eca078894999d.png

2. Click Account Settings

• A Settings page opens

3. On the right side of the Settings page, click Notification Settings

• A Notification Settings page opens

Hopefully you will find the desired settings for emails here :-)

- Richard.

Richard, my settings are all "Do not send me notifications" as they have been since January.

I only received the email once and haven't had another since. Perhaps some glitch during the software update? Anyway, if it doesn't happen again I'm not going to worry about it.

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 26/03/2019 at 19:47, Andy Hayter said:

RMWeb Unviewed items.docx 334.41 kB · 2 downloads

It has happened again Andy

Screen shot RMweb.docx

Edited by Andy Hayter
Additional information

• RMweb Premium

and again again

image.png.70c26386c06d04821e5e3e4e99cbcda0.png

This seems to be becoming more frequent - or at least it is becoming more obvious that it is happening.  If a few posts disappeared from the list there is no sensible way that it would be apparent.  Maybe it has been happening all the time.

Over to your developers Andy - and apologies for being a pain.

• RMweb Premium

I don't know if this is relevant Andy, but on going back in (and once again the missing posts now appear) I find that the two posts at 11 and 12 hours ago shown above, no longer appear in my list at any time between 11 and 13 hours ago.

The thing that points u the problem to me is that at around 0:!5 this morning I marked the whole site as read (as I do so that I can track new posts easily) and these two posts at over 10 hours elapsed time both show as unread, which they should not.

• Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

Over to your developers Andy - and apologies for being a pain.

The pain is trying to explain such things to the developers! I've done so though and await a reply (not that you ever get one - they just fix it at some point and never tell anyone; I had a case of that yesterday). It's as though an edit (but only to blogs/galleries/classifieds) triggers a reappearance in the stream and if that happens to come at the end of a page it hasn't got a clue what should happen after that point.

• Thanks 1

I rarely feel the need to comment about such things, but I find the site so slow these days that it's becoming unusable. Other little issues such as uploading images to my thread directly after the last upgrade take an absolute age....I have gone back to copying and pasting the image hosting address from Flickr which still works.

Edited by blueeighties
Typo

• RMweb Gold

Still can't access via usual way. I tried different browsers.  I got on by chance by looking in Facebook for any explanations. I noticed 'RMweb Home Page Link-RMweb' which got me back on. Any ideas as to what's wrong?

2 minutes ago, Re6/6 said:

Still can't access via usual way. I tried different browsers.  I got on by chance by looking in Facebook for any explanations. I noticed 'RMweb Home Page Link-RMweb' which got me back on. Any ideas as to what's wrong?

Can you explain what “... access by usual way” means to you? Its easier to help with clear facts at hand.