Class 69 - Return of the body snatchers?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, dave75 said:

Good dedication John. It's a great photo.  I can't decide if the white cabs bring anything to the party . Maybe Western Sand livery next ? Or Electric Blue with the white cabs ?

Inspired I think . These liveries certainly creating talking points and goodwill to GB Railfreight 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Erixtar1992 said:

They look fine on a 56 but messy on a 69, aka the same bodyshell…… ok then 

No, I mean liveries correct for a 56. Those things with no horn grilles and massive extra side grilles look awful 

I'll be honest I hate the things

2 hours ago, russ p said:

No, I mean liveries correct for a 56. Those things with no horn grilles and massive extra side grilles look awful 

It is a shame they haven't resurrected all of the classic grid liveries for the 69s, some however aren't possible. Certain ones cannot be used because another operator still owns the IPR for them (Load Haul and Mainline Freight for example) whilst others are commercially impractical.

I think 004 in the research livery is about the best of the bunch but it was brilliant what they did with 007, reuniting it with its original 56 name and livery.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, 37501 said:

I saw the pics of 69009 online so dropped everything for a quick trip to Eastleigh yesterday afternoon. Loco had been moved to East Yard. Had to sit on the car roof in the rain to get a shot over the very high fence at the adjacent housing estate….

John

IMG_5276.jpeg

Such a shame they’ve applied the BR roundel so low!! The name and number plates look spot on - the BR symbol should be in line or thereabouts - certainly higher than that ‘droopy drawers’ application (you need the Design Panel reconvening to look these details over 😀🤣). Otherwise it’s brilliant 👍

Edited by MidlandRed

12 hours ago, russ p said:

I’m not really into the current scene but  I think the maroon is the best of these dog dinners … but TBH , modern GBRF looks best on these with big numbers as they bear a passing resemblance to the 70 s but are a modern concept .

i can’t help that think conspiracy wise GB are on 10% of every wacky livery variation Bachmann sell