Class 69 - Return of the body snatchers?

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, big jim said:

It does look a stunner from the pics I’ve seen, got it’s original number on the side

I did know about the livery and name a while back but couldn’t say anything, I’m hoping it gets paired up with 56081 before that’s taken off the mainline 

Only on one side according to another pic.

Are GBRf taking suggestions for retro liveries?

DP1 powder blue with cream whiskers

"Falcon" yicky green and brown

"Kestrel" ochre and brown

"Lion" white and gold, for sheer impracticability 😄

The great thing about a freight loco is that it doesn't need to match its train, so can be any colour you like.

I'm not sure the 69s have the right headlights to avoid yellow ends, though, which would severely restrict options. I don't think even Kestrel got real yellow ends (obviously its top half was sort-of-yellow).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Amnesiac said:

The latest to be released. Like this one a lot personally!

Why!!! I don't understand the retro type paint jobs on these 

They look fine as 56s in BR liveries but they just look messy as 69s and can't for the life of understand a western nameplate 

Misha Black will be spinning in his grave!

• Agree 1

I bet that Bachmann are making a few donations as there seem to be quite a variety now.  

Of the 9 are there any that have the same livery?  I saw 001 today and that has GBRF blue but with Union Jack and Star spangled banner, wiki indicated that 3, 6 & 8 are standard without the flags.  So potentially 6 different liveries!

3 hours ago, russ p said:

Why!!! I don't understand the retro type paint jobs on these 

They look fine as 56s in BR liveries but they just look messy as 69s and can't for the life of understand a western nameplate 

Misha Black will be spinning in his grave!

They look fine on a 56 but messy on a 69, aka the same bodyshell…… ok then 

Bonkers - big fan personally, love that they're having some fun with the liveries. 

Still hoping for NSE and the sectors, RES and maybe even unbranded Virgin if they can get away with it (for a little burst of my youth!) Hell, Midland Mainline Teal might even work...😏

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, RPNaylor0301 said:

Still hoping for NSE

I keep suggesting it to John smith but no luck yet, I think as the first reply when I asked him ended in ‘off’ might say it’s not going to happen 

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, big jim said:

I keep suggesting it to John smith but no luck yet, I think as the first reply when I asked him ended in ‘off’ might say it’s not going to happen 

To complicated 🤷🏻‍♂️ so there’s the challenge 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

7 hours ago, MidlandRed said:

Would be great to see two tone green as per classes 25 and (what the body shell is based on) class 47 👍😉

Like this perhaps? A mock up I devised a while back.

Class 69 - Class 47 Style BR Green - Yellow Window Surrounds, Yellow Headlights, Grey Roof.png

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

I saw the pics of 69009 online so dropped everything for a quick trip to Eastleigh yesterday afternoon. Loco had been moved to East Yard. Had to sit on the car roof in the rain to get a shot over the very high fence at the adjacent housing estate….

John

IMG_5276.jpeg

• Like 17

3 minutes ago, 37501 said:

I saw the pics of 69009 online so dropped everything for a quick trip to Eastleigh yesterday afternoon. Loco had been moved to East Yard. Had to sit on the car roof in the rain to get a shot over the very high fence at the adjacent housing estate….

John

IMG_5276.jpeg

Good dedication John. It's a great photo.  I can't decide if the white cabs bring anything to the party . Maybe Western Sand livery next ? Or Electric Blue with the white cabs ?