RMweb

OO Scale Class 50

TravisM

• RMweb Gold

I apologise if there has been an earlier thread about this but is Dapol considering doing a OO Scale Class 50?  I seem to remember someone making an announcement and as the N gauge Class 50’s are due soon (hopefully), do you think Dapol will announce a OO scale version for the future?

5 hours ago, 47606odin said:

whats wrong with the Hornby version to require Dapol to make one?

I don't think it is wrong enough for someone else to compete with Hornby but the cab windows are the wrong shape and there are a couple of issues near the roof fan. One of the compressors on the underframe is wrong as well.  Search for Trefosa on here and you will see a few pics of how it can be corrected.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, 37114 said:

I don't think it is wrong enough for someone else to compete with Hornby but the cab windows are the wrong shape and there are a couple of issues near the roof fan. One of the compressors on the underframe is wrong as well.  Search for Trefosa on here and you will see a few pics of how it can be corrected.

I fully agree. If Hornby were suddenly in a Class 50 battle they could fix these errors quickly. Most of the other problems have been self-inflicted where Hornby have chosen a bad mix of details when the right ones are available or livery errors - both zero cost to fix. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
fixed typo

12 hours ago, 37114 said:

There is also the (to many) glaring issue regarding the louvres, where to allow the toy train like working louvres resulted in them being recessed into the body too far making a very visible flaw (you can search and find many people showing how they have replaced them to make a more visually accurate model).