New Mills (90's Railfreight / Speedlink)

Andrew P

42 minutes ago, KNP said:

Layout is shaping up very nicely and has a 'gentle feel' about it due to those nice curves...!!

I think you are getting the hang of this layout building now....:D

Cheers Kevin, I still think I need some more practice, I'd better get on with that O Gauge Seven Mills at some stage.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, KNP said:

I think you are getting the hang of this layout building now....:D

Kevin if he hasn't sold it in a couple of weeks we may be saying that he's getting the hang of this layout keeping!     :jester:

• Funny 5

2 hours ago, sb67 said:

Andy........ Did you recently sell a layout to a guy from Essex? I think I know him and he might show the layout. If so I'm looking forward to seeing it. 

Steve.

Yes Steve, That was Kingsmill TMD,

he said he might Exhibit it, I believe he has a few Layouts, and maybe recently sold Neptune St to a chap on here.

Thanks Andy, strangley enough I found the new thread about Neptune St and see that at Basildon just before he sold it. He also bought Acacia Avenue but has since sold that on. He always does a couple of local shows near to me so I'll look forward to seeing Kingsmill if he exhibits it.

Steve.

• Like 2

Last night I looked at my pics of the Hill above the Tunnel Mouths and felt the land did not rise enough and also wanted more contours on the two wings.

Here are the pics of the changes, firstly the cardboard, then the masking tape and lastly some colour. There will still be more contours over the Branch single Tunnel Mouth.

IMG_8699.JPG.20293b75a6bc690b58b9e7d7b2954833.JPG

IMG_8700.JPG.7cedf5d16cb81e946ae07dd3c442beda.JPG

IMG_8701.JPG.001cca6deb559b3b923ea7e067715f7f.JPG

IMG_8702.JPG.81c0482e2eceb4330459cb71cf3bd340.JPG

IMG_8703.JPG.85dd54187d9e140a88770039e01a5289.JPG

• Like 12

There's something quite satisfying about running to working Signals, much as I did on Pencarne and Kings Moreton.

The 150 gets the Amber for the Branch.

IMG_8722.JPG.6e46544c6b6b1f8b008194d3c77b33ff.JPG

And the 47 is held at the Red in Platform 3 for the clearance to cross the Main Line the other side of the Tunnel.

IMG_8724.JPG.2dbdb3c59e9b2d8028218d3d98d9478b.JPG

And finally gets the Amber to proceed.

IMG_8725.JPG.1d814a4a1e2409bc6578009c0d7a5416.JPG

And is then held again at the Junction.

IMG_8726.JPG.142de0870dff0f0d5f28a381ef1ba17a.JPG

And at last gets the Amber to enter the Up Line, and will cross to the Down just past the Tunnel.

IMG_8727.JPG.3af3d83365e88cc2c677719d2dd3e1b4.JPG

• Like 16

Good photo's Andy, I'd agree with Lez. This could be the best yet, it has a great feel to it. I like the pics of the single track branch disappearing through the cutting, great stuff! 

Steve.

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

You've got a [humongous] large amount of atmosphere happening there Andy.  I like the snap decision to add some more to the rockery, a few bits of card, masking tape to cover and hold thenover paint with your magic brushes to make them look solid stone.

I'm sure if it were me I'd still be sorting out the next meeting to discuss if I should add some more rocks.  Then another discussion group to decide how. Then I would be arguing with my self over the conclusion and so little or no movement would occur.

I take my hat of to you Andy you do get on with it.

Best

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

I’m no expert but would the branch have a feather one one signal but not the other? 

See earlier discussion!!!  If signalled at the ‘right time’, yes. And if resignalled today, quite possibly.  Especially if I get to review it.  :-)

The only rule regarding the date of the signalling and the era of the layout is that the signalling cannot be later, but it can easily be much (much) earlier.

Paul.

Edited by 5BarVT
Added sentence about current practice.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, brushman47544 said:

I’m no expert but would the branch have a feather one one signal but not the other? 

Hi Mate, This has already been discussed and it has been confirmed it's right, although that did surprise me as well.

Edited by Andrew P
add words

3 hours ago, lezz01 said:

Yep this is without doubt your best yet Andy.

Regards Lez.

1 hour ago, sb67 said:

Good photo's Andy, I'd agree with Lez. This could be the best yet, it has a great feel to it. I like the pics of the single track branch disappearing through the cutting, great stuff! 

Steve.

Thanks Lez and Steve. I also like the Branch, it certainly adds to the operation.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

You've got a [humongous] large amount of atmosphere happening there Andy.  I like the snap decision to add some more to the rockery, a few bits of card, masking tape to cover and hold thenover paint with your magic brushes to make them look solid stone.

I'm sure if it were me I'd still be sorting out the next meeting to discuss if I should add some more rocks.  Then another discussion group to decide how. Then I would be arguing with my self over the conclusion and so little or no movement would occur.

I take my hat of to you Andy you do get on with it.

Best

Cheers Barnaby, I've been out this afternoon and added some more mounds and then added some Grey / White paint for some Rock faces. 

Pics and Videos later.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Evening Brushman,

I’ve just realised that there is one bit of information that I didn’t mention in my earlier response which you may not have known.  Andy has said previously that the only route from the signal without a feather is to the branch. That is particularly significant ‘cos if trains could go both ways there would need to be a feather as you thought.

Paul.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

2 minutes ago, 5BarVT said:

Evening Brushman,

I’ve just realised that there is one bit of information that I didn’t mention in my earlier response which you may not have known.  Andy has said previously that the only route from the signal without a feather is to the branch. That is particularly significant ‘cos if trains could go both ways there would need to be a feather as you thought.

Paul.

Also Brushman, the reason the Signal can only work the Branch, is because the other Route would be an un Signalled wrong Direction running.

I hope this clarifies it a bit more, but more importantly a big THANKS for looking in and pointing out what could have been a big mistake on my part.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

Looking great all as per your usual high standard

Just a little surprised it’s not been finished, sold and a new one started :P

Joking aside your layouts are very inspirational :imsohappy:

Chris

Thanks Chris, I do like to try different ideas on each Layout, but this one is also very satisfying to operate, and that help.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Back from my hols, and really love what you've done here Andy, as others have said, this is one of the best you've ever done.

I particularly like this shot, which I've tweaked a bit:

Andy_IMG_8726.JPG.9d2adbdf996add7f837ed95417365aff.JPG

I think you should leave this area bare - just a bit of grass, maybe - so you don't block this view.

great stuff mate,

Al.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, Alister_G said:

Back from my hols, and really love what you've done here Andy, as others have said, this is one of the best you've ever done.

I particularly like this shot, which I've tweaked a bit:

Andy_IMG_8726.JPG.9d2adbdf996add7f837ed95417365aff.JPG

I think you should leave this area bare - just a bit of grass, maybe - so you don't block this view.

great stuff mate,

Al.

Thanks Al, both for your comments and the tweak. Originally I had the idea of a Lane and Cottage with a pretty flower garden, but sine doing the Videos I have decided to leave it open. I add a Pond or Stream, but not sure if, or which yet.

I have some more Videos to up load later as well

• Like 2