Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Canopy Nudging

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, ardbealach said:

Does the York Deflection require the casual positioning of the left hand on the hip, or is that optional extra? AM

There's nothing casual about it. It is required to maintain the necessary level of balance, establishing the requisite three points of contact. Notice the third point in this shot - the contact between the tongue and the tripod.

Edited by Mick Bonwick
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• Moderators
13 hours ago, ardbealach said:

Tripod?  I thought it was a liquorice nose flute. AM

Despite evolutionary development of opposable thumbs in homo sapiens the male of the species always finds the mouth a useful means of holding additional tools and fixings. For some reason the female of the species does not exhibit similar behaviour.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Despite evolutionary development of opposable thumbs in sapiens the male of the species always finds the mouth a useful means of holding additional tools and fixings. For some reason the female of the species does not exhibit similar behaviour.

47 minutes ago, Mick Bonwick said:

Really?

I was going to comment, but to my shame I've chickened out.

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Despite evolutionary development of opposable thumbs in sapiens the male of the species always finds the mouth a useful means of holding additional tools and fixings. For some reason the female of the species does not exhibit similar behaviour.

images-12.jpeg

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, ardbealach said:

And I thought that the purpose of the tongue was to help in fine detailing and accuracy , either pushed out into one side of the mouth - or straight out between the teeth and lips? (AM)

smiling-sheep-gary-canant.jpg

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/08/2019 at 14:07, Worsdell forever said:

Looking back 6 years for evidence of earlier nudging, seems he's been at it for longer than we thought...:nono:

IMGP7122-002.JPG

Suddenly, the Grand Plan becomes clear to all:

Step 1) Spend years to develop large railway modelling website

Step 2) Negotiate agreement with nationwide railway modelling magazine

Step 3) Expand job description at said magazine to include layout photography

Step 4) Use layout photography job to nudge canopies nationwide

Amazing what nudging addicts will do to fulfill their cravings.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3

5 hours ago, Mick Bonwick said:

You have a worryingly large collection of sheep photographs, young Norman. Does Mrs Lockhart know of them?  

Well young Norman's location is in Wales...................................  

• Agree 1

On 31/08/2019 at 17:02, Mick Bonwick said:

There's nothing casual about it. It is required to maintain the necessary level of balance, establishing the requisite three points of contact. Notice the third point in this shot - the contact between the tongue and the tripod.

Is it me or is that tripod upside down? There does seem to a tripod leg in the foreground pointing the wrong way.

A self inflicted nudge perchance?

Has a clever double back with somersault tongue grab saved the day?  Is the hand on hip part of an elaborate dismount, caught in the fleeting moment of the camera shutter's gaze?

Andy

Edited by SM42
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scanning my slide collection I came across this image from 2003.  It was taken at the Dresden Steam Festival - an annual open weekend with East German steam locomotives at the Dresden Steam shed.   Could this individual be one of the first Nudgers, complete with his safety sun hat, obligatory full size rucksack, built in camera resting on his front side, and a pair of trainers to allow a quick getaway?    Not forgetting the ladder for easier access for canopy nudging.   Of course he will be slighter smaller than a UK version, being in H0 gauge  - this being in Dresden. (AM)     

nudger.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold

This is Helmut Von Picklesucker, Dresden 's premier mobile lollipop retailer in all his finery. He was a regular at railway events in the former East Germany. 

He would stroll about shouting, 

"Lassen sie sich von diesen großen schönheiten zum lachen bringen !"

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 3

• 2 weeks later...

I had a real life accident in the kitchen earlier where I nudged these off the worktop!!!

4763D25C-655E-4FF3-8111-3465A3745557.jpeg.fffa31fe103c865f256e73c11f3fb95b.jpeg

Well they where.....

wait it for it....

A can o peas.....!

Everyone a gem

I should be on the stage, when does it leave!!!

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5