Brian's 7mm Diesel Workbench, Belated up-date!

And here is one I did earlier.

post-6682-0-01167100-1343073714.jpg

Not really, it just happened to be sat there on Sunday at Bristol Temple Meads and had to take a photo of it for future reference.

I will get a photo done of the steam valve and post later. Thanks

Hi Brian,

Slightly off topic, I managed to get some of the Birchwood Casey "Brass Black" . I was just wondering how you applied it to the couplings, as you know it has a fair amount of warnings on the bottle :O do you just dip it in the bottle and rinse off or use an old paint brush or something ?

ATB,

Martyn.

• Like 1

Martyn,

I decant a bit of the fluid into an old, low glass pot (GU desert container!) and dunk the subject into it for a few seconds. Then drain the excess off back into the pot. and leave to dry.

When I'm done I just pour the remaining fluid back into the bottle. Latex gloves or similar recommended!

Martyn,

I decant a bit of the fluid into an old, low glass pot (GU desert container!) and dunk the subject into it for a few seconds. Then drain the excess off back into the pot. and leave to dry.

When I'm done I just pour the remaining fluid back into the bottle. Latex gloves or similar recommended!

Hi ,

Thanks for the info I thought that would be the way to go, I have used their Perma black before but that is more like a paste which I have applied using cotton buds.

Regards,

Martyn.

Copper carbonate dissolved in household ammonia works well.

Brian, can you remember/do you know of anyone who does the full set of decals in 7mm for the Ruston DE165, ex WR PWM locos, class 97/6?

I used to have the website on my computer and it has disappeared off there, Now Precision Labels, who I was sure it was, denies all knowledge and it's certainly NOT on his website.

Whoever did it did the early numbers, later numbers and even the ones for them painted yellow with CCE numbers and the "Reading Plant" bulldog with shovel, but can I find it now? Nope.

Brian, can you remember/do you know of anyone who does the full set of decals in 7mm for the Ruston DE165, ex WR PWM locos, class 97/6?

WhoeI used to have the website on my computer and it has disappeared off there, Now Precision Labels, who I was sure it was, denies all knowledge and it's certainly NOT on his website.

ver did it did the early numbers, later numbers and even the ones for them painted yellow with CCE numbers and the "Reading Plant" bulldog with shovel, but can I find it now? Nope.

I have been trying to Think Jeff but I can't remember, that was a few more years ago than I can remember.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally managed to get the FNAs printed, it has taken a long time as the scanned images needed a lot of work to clean up (in fact they were apparently almost redrawn!), anyhow I am very pleased with the result and eventually I will be finishing them off with metal buffers and some other details as the material used is quite brittle and rough handling will see bits break off (like the hand brake wheels).

post-6591-0-88733000-1344952426_thumb.jpgpost-6591-0-00910000-1344952438_thumb.jpg

Yes I gave up waiting for Pete to produce these :no:

Are those 7mm scale?

Nice one David. You seem to have done more than me recently! I have painted a Heljan 31 in green with full yellow ends that will be at Telford for you to look at together with the Western! Been sorting out some new Heljan projects in the mean time though that should be anounced at Telford a s well. I am still waiting for Appleby bogies to finish off the Warwell.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Nice one David. You seem to have done more than me recently! I have painted a Heljan 31 in green with full yellow ends that will be at Telford for you to look at together with the Western! Been sorting out some new Heljan projects in the mean time though that should be anounced at Telford a s well. I am still waiting for Appleby bogies to finish off the Warwell.

Hi Brian......

I'd like to see the 31 in green, my favorite diesel, already on my list.......I just wonder if I can justify a really grubby green 31 alongside my blues?

I hope to make it to Telford, I am taking the 710 away tomorrow for a break in Devon.....a very expensive break! Never mind I am looking forward to it as much as she is. So I reckon I will have enough brownie points saved up to get a nice weekend in Telford (not a phrase often heard :mosking: )

@ Type4....where will Simon Varnam be marketing these new bogies, or under what name? As although the Appleby bogies are good they are hard to get hold of.

Hi Richard

I will put the pictures and a youtube video up of the Western as soon as I can after Telford, no doubt on the Monday.

I am afraid I do not know about the release of the Flask wagon but we are still waiting for the Prestwin. JLTRT do seem to take a while to come through recently.

@ Type4....where will Simon Varnam be marketing these new bogies, or under what name? As although the Appleby bogies are good they are hard to get hold of.

Yes, Simon will be marketing these bogies and a range of wagons to go with them. I'm sure that they will be available on the building o gauge online website when they are ready.

He has a build thread on Western Thunder if you'd like a preview.