Dapol KQA/KTA in OO

Andy Y

If someone has the Hattons set, could they share with us the running numbers?

Just checked the Hattons listings again, and they now have the running numbers. It seems they are the same as the Kernow ones. So new question is when is the next batch of weathered KTA/KQAs coming?

• RMweb Gold

I ordered four of these wagons from Hattons and two from Kernow on the assumption that as the models were being sold by two separate companies each of the wagons would have different running numbers. The four from Hattons arrived earlier this week and the two from Kernow....and, yes, as mentioned above.....the same running numbers have been used for each production run.

The mind boggles at this senseless duplication.....nowhere did I see advertised the fact the same running numbers would be used for each run....just wonder who dreamed up this cunning plan....

Does this mean that the pristine models being issued by Dapol will have the same running numbers? When I last looked at the Dapol website I could not even find any mention of the pristine wagons....downloaded the catalogue on the website but that was no help....it was the 2008 catalogue......

Maybe one of the transfer makers can issue some different number boxes for these duplicated models.....could always have number boxes that have been wiped clean on the weathered wagons.....that's better than duplicated numbers....

Keith

I ordered four of these wagons from Hattons and two from Kernow on the assumption that as the models were being sold by two separate companies each of the wagons would have different running numbers.

Yes, I have mixed feelings on this one too. I too ordered both sets of weathered examples from Kernow and Hattons and based upon the fact that each store advertised different catalogue numbers and the Kernow were advertised as 'exclusive', it was logical to reason that each store had commissioned sets with different numbers. So now I have spent £100 that I need not have. Had I have known I would have waited for a second run. :angry:

That said, the finished wagons look awesome and I am extremely happy aside from the repeat numbers drama.

While I think these are generally magnificent models with some fabulous detail, does anyone else think that the buffers on this wagon are way too chunky? The buffer heads seem to be way too thick? I also thought the same was true for the 'silver bullet' wagons. Compare the buffers on both the above to say the earlier FEA-B flats, which to my eye look far more realistic in size and thickness?

Just picked one up for JZjr. It looks magnificent, needs some weathering as I have yet to see a cleanish one. Problem came when I gave it a push around Somercombe. It fouls the platforms. On measuring it, I find it 38.5mm over the lifting points and over 40mm at the brake wheels. Is this due to the sides having to be over thickness for rigidity?

Noted a train passing me when trackside yesterday just north of Basingstoke with 8 of these beastie's in a row (impressive) followed by 4 of the Realtrack FLA's - BIG, BIG train !! Even standing 2m clear nearly blew me over with the displaced air...... :blink:

• 3 months later...

Hi all

Does anybody know if the KQA is suitable for a DRS intermodal train

Leaving aside oddities, trials and the like all DRS's intermodal traffic has been carried on IKA Megafrets (also available from Dapol) and the KTA/KQA have been fully employed by Freightliner Intermodal

Archived