New N gauge FSA / FTA container flats!

JR_P

On 18/02/2021 at 19:57, arran said:

Not yet but Rome wasn't built in a day .

that period was getting to the point they were mostly the ridding style they are now

Regards Arran

And it looks like my patience has been rewarded! I'll certainly be taking numerous 20/40 footers to sit on my KFAs and FSA/FTAs - particularly the older style ones.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 13/07/2023 at 22:43, carderrail said:

Any update on these... been a year since any update.

Regards

Tony

Arran has posted updates and shown EP samples on the =C=Rail= facebook page, and there's been a few over on NGN also.

Tom.  

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

HI All

A wee update on where this project is .

The first decorated samples are with me and they are OK for a first attempt , the Green and black has worked out well which was my main concern .

Some improvements next time in some tooling to some aspects of the tooling then it will be good to go.

Regards Arran

image.png.bd6dc7d5e91a69ea00724a7b8c4c8038.pngimage.png.360af9e48b3e2b004946687a43643c09.pngimage.png.162cc559807a497afb6ffe929bf4a509.png

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for posting those Arran. Very much looking forward to having something to plonk your excellent containers onto. I know these are only decorated samples but it looks to me like the wagon top in the first picture has a bit of distortion whereas all the others look absolutely spot on and flat as a pancake. Is that perhaps a trick of the light or an optical illusion? If not, is that one of the tooling improvements to which you referred in your post? Thanks!

Edited by The Pilotman
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Pilotman said:

Thanks for posting those Arran. Very much looking forward to having something to plonk your excellent containers onto. I know these are only decorated samples but it looks to me like the wagon top in the first picture has a bit of distortion whereas all the others look absolutely spot on and flat as a pancake. Is that perhaps a trick of the light or an optical illusion? If not, is that one of the tooling improvements to which you referred in your post? Thanks!

HI All

These came to me in kit form basically so dont worry about assembly , they have plastic tops and metal under frames all the way to the ends  so they cant do what dapols did 

Regards Arran

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, arran said:

HI All

These came to me in kit form basically so dont worry about assembly , they have plastic tops and metal under frames all the way to the ends  so they cant do what dapols did 

Regards Arran

Thanks for clearing that up so quickly, Arran. Based on how things are going, do you think the production wagons will be along sometime in 2024?

• Like 1