Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Imaginary Locomotives

It would be a very odd sight for anyone in the UK - an HST (ish) running like a normal loco-hauled train with just one power car.

We did from York to kings x in the early 1990s as the rear power car caught on fire. The one power car managed 110 mph with the 7(?) carriages on

Richard

The Merioneth & Llantisily Railway Traction Company Ltd have a triangle leading to their shed. Perhaps with the large increase in passenger numbers coming to see their celebrity steam engine they could do with a 1+4 set to handle the visitors.........

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The Merioneth & Llantisily Railway Traction Company Ltd have a triangle leading to their shed. Perhaps with the large increase in passenger numbers coming to see their celebrity steam engine they could do with a 1+4 set to handle the visitors.........

Now that brings back memories...Ivor the Engine wallpaper, complete indeed with the triangle by the shed...

• Like 1

Somewhere out there, somebody clever can hope to make a layout based on that.

And here it is, the finished version of my LNWR Mogul!

post-32006-0-35182000-1508885611_thumb.jpg

post-32006-0-68882100-1508885628_thumb.jpg

post-32006-0-52025300-1508885646_thumb.jpg

post-32006-0-94769200-1508885664_thumb.jpg

post-32006-0-55702900-1508885740_thumb.jpg

post-32006-0-62608000-1508885755_thumb.jpg

post-32006-0-98702100-1508885771_thumb.jpg

post-32006-0-31175000-1508885786_thumb.jpg

As you can see, the crimson lake was too dark, so I used BR crimson to brighten it up a notch and it looks better this way. A locomotive crew was added in after I applied some detail inside the cab.

A project that has finally gotten out of the way - onto the next one, soon. Please let me know what you think of the model, I appreciate your feedback.

• Like 2

Nothing special (well, sort of) - today was a nice sunny day, so I decided to take some pictures of the Mogul outside.

attachicon.gifDSC09101.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC09102.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC09104.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC09105.JPG

So, please let me know what you think!

That looks very nice in the sunlight! But you know what will make it look better is replacing the painted lining with computer made lining (just a suggestion, I'm not criticising your painting skills!) and maybe some varnish (I think gloss would look amazing on that)

• Like 1

I spend too long watching Swiss videos on Youtube, and I'm quite taken with the concept behind the BLS Ae8/8. So what would the UK equivalent have been like if the right people had realised class 86 would mostly be running in pairs on freight?

post-9147-0-44412000-1509005895_thumb.jpg

modified to a permanently coupled pair, only 1 pan needed to run both halves with a second pan as a 'hot spare'. The disused plated over cabs in the middle could be used to house future signalling equipment or provide better cooling. And in theory it has enough wheels, pans, and other back-ups to be channel tunnel friendly.

• Like 7

Another nightmare...

attachicon.gif20PP.jpg

Cheers

David

Far too much passenger accommodation to be uncomfortable, but I guess engine performance will have to be de-rated a bit for a retro-fitted steam heat boiler in the 20 so a 4-car set might actually accelerate slower than a traditional pacer when taking account of the weigt of the loco. Will the Pacer cars need vacuum brake cylinders adding too? Perhaps a HST style loco at each end might work - could even go up to a 6-car set then!

• Like 1

I spend too long watching Swiss videos on Youtube, and I'm quite taken with the concept behind the BLS Ae8/8. So what would the UK equivalent have been like if the right people had realised class 86 would mostly be running in pairs on freight?

attachicon.gifDouble 86 Bo-Bo-Bo-Bo.jpg

modified to a permanently coupled pair, only 1 pan needed to run both halves with a second pan as a 'hot spare'. The disused plated over cabs in the middle could be used to house future signalling equipment or provide better cooling. And in theory it has enough wheels, pans, and other back-ups to be channel tunnel friendly.

Might I be so bold as to make a request?

Go on...

Could you, if possible, make a cut 'n' shut of a 'Double Class 77' or a 'Conjoined EM2'. Or if not, a 'Double 76'. Basically what if the LNER had electrified more than just the Woodhead route and what might have been built for that. 

Thanks

Donald.  

Not sure what the Great Eastern and Central railway's livery would be in the 1950s had grouping and nationalisation not occurred, but here is how the heavy freight loco for the Liverpool/Whitemoor/Temple Mills freights might have looked after nationalisation but without the grouping...

attachicon.gif77-77.jpg

Or better still post 1006