Dapol announce O Gauge Class 66

Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium
On 18/11/2022 at 21:00, Hilux5972 said:

Can someone who’s going to Warley please ask about the 66? I’d do it myself but I’m 18,000km away in New Zealand lol. Little expensive to just pop over. 

Same here, although for me it is only about 5600km.

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

I spoke today at Warley with Richard from Dapol. He says it is still a long way off and could not give a specific date.

Seriously? 3 years ago it was announced and it’s still a long way off? Anyway thank you for asking. Much appreciated 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Seriously? 3 years ago it was announced and it’s still a long way off? Anyway thank you for asking. Much appreciated 

How long was it for the Dapol 08 to appear, from announcement to availability? ...and even then it was the 'early' variant.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Over on the Heljan thread people are commenting that a lot of their stuff is hit and miss.

I observed they bring things to market fairly regularly and seldom make alterations once EPs are shown. I suspect they may have a cashflow plan they stick to and know what will sell enough, regardless of looks.

Dapol take their time and generally, in 7mm at least, turn out really good looking models. Didn't they basically start again with the 08 when Richard Webster got involved?

Of the two, I'd put up with Dapols delays over Heljans approach every time.

• Agree 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, birdseyecircus said:

Dapol posted a link on Facebook regarding the O gauge 66.

https://www.Dapol.co.uk/blogs/news/o-gauge-class-66-update

Paul

Well I suppose it’s great to finally have some news. More delays but not really surprised by that. Thanks for the link. 

Edited by Hilux5972
  • Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Odd, I just received this from Hatton's (dated 15mar23) in reference to another enquiry:

"for the Dapol 66 when they come in. These Class 66's should be with us by the end of the month, so not too long to wait now! 

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

Odd, I just received this from Hatton's (dated 15mar23) in reference to another enquiry:

"for the Dapol 66 when they come in. These Class 66's should be with us by the end of the month, so not too long to wait now! 

They may want to ask Dapol again. Noted it wasn’t in the cabinet at AP and no livery samples yet so highly unlikely to be that soon. I heard someone who said they’d asked at the weekend saying there are some alterations to tooling on the sides to do but didn’t ask Richard myself so could be guessing. 

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Nick G said:

Reading the last update I doubt it will be any time soon.

Disappointing for a model that was announced 3 1/2 years ago, but nothing different from Dapol really. How long ago was the 59 announced? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/03/2023 at 19:11, PaulRhB said:

They may want to ask Dapol again. Noted it wasn’t in the cabinet at AP and no livery samples yet so highly unlikely to be that soon. I heard someone who said they’d asked at the weekend saying there are some alterations to tooling on the sides to do but didn’t ask Richard myself so could be guessing. 

I have just heard from Hattons to the effect that they expect deliveries between January and March 2024, so they must have done just that!