Peasevern Yard - 7mm BR Blue shunting layout

3 minutes ago, bazjones1711 said:

Took this photo of the Rugby Cement terminal at Stapleford and Sandiacre many years ago , it may give you insperation for a terminal on your layout , plus a drawing from an old Airfix magazine . FB_IMG_1639057002594.jpg.51052423b80e94a24e0c0964d04a7780.jpgFB_IMG_1654287457370.thumb.jpg.9bf0dea05deda650e4b753b3dcfb8c61.jpg

Thanks for sharing, some great shots and the drawings help get a sense of scale.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Peasevern Yard appears in the July edition of BRM, I had my copy waiting for me on arrival back home after a trip up to Glasgow. I especially like how the BRM team have done the side by side comparison of Kevin Redwood's photo of the crashed Mercedes and the model. A good issue and also nice to see Kannotburn which is a layout I worked on for a bit post the BMRG buying it from Trevor Hale.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 2

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to see some more photo's Rob, those presflos look very nice. Seeing all 8 shows how compact the layout really is yet in the other photo's it looks a lot bigger! 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nick G said:

Layout and the new stock look great, like the brake van.

Thanks Nick, I need to replace the rather feeble Lamp irons which have all fallen off, seems to be a common issue as Dave had the same on his...

5 hours ago, sb67 said:

Nice to see some more photo's Rob, those presflos look very nice. Seeing all 8 shows how compact the layout really is yet in the other photo's it looks a lot bigger! 

Thanks Steve, Yep it is definitely one of the smaller O gauge layouts around! I can't fit all 8 plus a loco in the fiddle yard though.

1 hour ago, Clive martin said:

The layout is looking superb Rob ,looks like your national is complete, i have been following the build of your national on flickr+ all your superb layout building, truly stunning model makeing!

Thanks Clive, v kind of you. Yes the National is complete, I just need to sell Parsons Vale to give me the space in the garage to crack on with the extension to the layout now.

On 15/07/2022 at 07:21, 37114 said:

Thanks Nick, I need to replace the rather feeble Lamp irons which have all fallen off, seems to be a common issue as Dave had the same on his...

The Slaters LWB tail lamp brackets are much more robust.  #7161.  I don't see side lamp brackets though.

John

• Informative/Useful 1

6 hours ago, brossard said:

The Slaters LWB tail lamp brackets are much more robust.  #7161.  I don't see side lamp brackets though.

John

Thanks John, will have a look but may end up making my own.

7 hours ago, 37114 said:

Thanks John, will have a look but may end up making my own.

Great idea!  Let us know how you get on.  The trick is getting the brackets to stay on.  Slaters have spigots that make a very secure bond.

John

• Like 1

The layout is in the car ready for it's second outing at Larkrail. I intend to fit wheels to the main layout board to help moving it around as it is a bit of squeeze getting me and it through a standard door side by side. It also prompted some thinking about the extension and how it will fit in the car as currently things are a bit tight;

20220723_063608.jpg.24ea108e0f5bf79b34627358cf70addb.jpg

I recently replaced my car, being lucky enough to find a 2021 2.0L diesel Mondeo with only 9k miles on the clock and it is a lovely car to drive that does 55mpg still with plenty of poke. I use my car for work and do about 12k miles on business per annum so getting a van is not really practical for 3 to 4 exhibitions per year. The Mondeo is probably one of the largest estate cars (as opposed to SUVs) around and this is my 6th in a row but it is no longer in production as the world goes towards electric so this will be my last although all being well it last me around 5 to 6 years. The current thinking is the new board will be a bit lower in height so the fiddle yard (on the left, stowed on it's side in the above photo) will sit on top of the new board and then the legs will go on top of the current layout board.

• Like 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Yes indeed, do have a good show.  I do like the look of your layout.

I took mine to a local show a few weeks ago.  More a proof of concept but everything went fine and the layout performed very well.  Hauling boards about is hard work and everyone in the team is over 60.

John

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Gilbert said:

So did others..

52236026165_966c7ed85f_z.jpg

Thanks Chris, it was a good show, very busy in the morning.

Another shot from today of 37029 which got a couple of runs

20220723_111933.jpg.2acd710e63f2ea8495304cf898430216.jpg

Edited by 37114
Typo
  • Like 17

• 1 month later...

Taking advantage of Copenhagen Airport WiFi for an hour earlier, I have re uploaded some of the missing pictures from the server transfer, they are mostly page 11 onwards, there are still a few gaps of photos that aren't on my phone that I need to get off my home PC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Round of applause 1