Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

26 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I very much doubt Accurascale will be announcing Class 26's and 27's.  I think they will be left in the realm of Heljan and maybe in the future, Phil Sutton as part of his type 2 range.

Yeah , It's highly unlikely , I'm not convinced Phil will do them either , I'm just hoping that the new tooled 26 from Heljan is a big improvement same with the 27 when they eventually do it , there's already criticism for the new 33/1 that's just arrived so hoping the issues don't carry through

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, McC said:

There will be an announcement at Glasgow (at least one in fact) but it won't be 37s :)  (that said, there are more 37's coming very soon :) ) 

Noooooooooooooooooooo 😬 More cost and probably the cost of strengthening the upstairs joists to accommodate these 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

4 hours ago, McC said:

that said, there are more 37's coming very soon

When that time comes, 37403 in present condition might be a good one to do. Not only does it get about, but today it was getting about with 50008 which I believe somebody is making....

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, McC said:

There will be an announcement at Glasgow (at least one in fact) but it won't be 37s :)  (that said, there are more 37's coming very soon :) ) 

My wallet, she canna take anymore! Really looking forward to new announcements, and more 37s. If the new announcement is an 08 I’ll be filing for bankruptcy in March! (Although if they’re in BR blue my wallet will be saved). 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
On 09/02/2023 at 14:18, sulzer71 said:

Yeah , It's highly unlikely , I'm not convinced Phil will do them either , I'm just hoping that the new tooled 26 from Heljan is a big improvement same with the 27 when they eventually do it , there's already criticism for the new 33/1 that's just arrived so hoping the issues don't carry through

But I thought the 33/1s were just a re-run of the old tooling? The forthcoming 26s are completely new from the ground up and look very promising indeed….and it is a dead cert that new 27s will follow in due course.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Solo said:

But I thought the 33/1s were just a re-run of the old tooling? The forthcoming 26s are completely new from the ground up and look very promising indeed….and it is a dead cert that new 27s will follow in due course.

is there all that much different about the new 26s than just the twin headlights on the front and perhaps newer PCB for 21 pin instead of 8?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, GordonC said:

is there all that much different about the new 26s than just the twin headlights on the front and perhaps newer PCB for 21 pin instead of 8?

Yes, completely new chassis with dual speakers fitted and higher levels of detail.

• Round of applause 1

Maybe I'm being daft, and apologies if it already been mentioned, but there seems to be an apparent inconsistency in the description and livery artwork on AS website for 37402 "Stephen Middlemore" and 37409 "Lord Hinton"

The last line of the description (but before bulleted list of features) for 37402 "Stephen Middlemore" states: Notably though, 37402 was provided with a large Eastfield ‘westie’ logo in the classic position, an embellishment never given to 37409.

But then the images for 37409 "Lord Hinton" seem to show it as being present:

image.png.2bacfe3e194316fd51aa844877a34e60.png

Just wondering which is correct, the text or the image?

And if an error on the livery sample for Lord Hinton, has it been corrected on the production version?

Edited by Kraken

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Kraken said:

Maybe I'm being daft, and apologies if it already been mentioned, but there seems to be an apparent inconsistency in the description and livery artwork on AS website for 37402 "Stephen Middlemore" and 37409 "Lord Hinton"

The last line of the description (but before bulleted list of features) for 37402 "Stephen Middlemore" states: Notably though, 37402 was provided with a large Eastfield ‘westie’ logo in the classic position, an embellishment never given to 37409.

But then the images for 37409 "Lord Hinton" seem to show it as being present:

image.png.2bacfe3e194316fd51aa844877a34e60.png

Just wondering which is correct, the text or the image?

And if an error on the livery sample for Lord Hinton, has it been corrected on the production version?

Hi @Kraken,

On our first decoration sample (in the pic above) the embellishment was added in error by the factory. This is why deco samples are a vital part of the process. The factory finished models will be correct.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, Alan Oliver said:

There are photos on Flickr of 37409 in the mid 80’s showing it unnamed but with terrier.

It wasnt called Lord Hinton in the 90’s
402 was Oor Wullie back then as well.

The models are 2010’s era (with other mods).

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, 97406 said:

Did the first production samples make it in time for Glasgow?

Would you believe just landed at the office today! They will be at Ally Pally and we'll have photos, videos and shipping details in the coming week or so (and more announcements of course!)

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, McC said:

Would you believe just landed at the office today! They will be at Ally Pally and we'll have photos, videos and shipping details in the coming week or so (and more announcements of course!)

Meh , was looking forward to seeing these tomorrow , fast car back to the office? lol

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, McC said:

Thought it was a bit tight! I may just use my RMWeb Gold freebie and drop by! 

2 hours ago, McC said:

More announcements you say? Keeps up your once a week streak I suppose.

Hopefully something that fits my late 80’s theme would be smashing!

• Like 2