Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I was thinking “That shouldn’t take long” then I thought on at the sheer number of different prototypes modelled in the first batch! We’re nearly there.

It's a few days work and on the back of Glasgow and our souvenir man flu a few of us caught along the way last week. We also have the Siphons in there too get done and out there.

Roll on next week with a bombardment of 37 updates and news etc. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

It's a few days work and on the back of Glasgow and our souvenir man flu a few of us caught along the way last week. We also have the Siphons in there too get done and out there.

Cheers!

Fran 

You could have a Syphon pulling Siphons

Edited by 97406
  • Funny 4

52 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran 

Batch 3 news with some Loadhaul and EWS machines? :)

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, 37501 said:

Any further updates on Batch 1 please? Very eagerly awaiting my 37027 and 37043.

Many thanks 

John

As fran said above, news on the coming days :) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, McC said:

Batch 3 is already sold out and on the way :) Batch 4 and 5 and ... however ...

Big Tease.

I wonder if the resurrection of 37508 is going to get us all in the mood for 37/5’s ?

FoKdlOLXwAMPb7X?format=jpg&name=large

(Twitter url/ not mine).

It needs a red strip though imo.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 9
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Big Tease.

I wonder if the resurrection of 37508 is going to get us all in the mood for 37/5’s ?

(Twitter url/ not mine).

It looks good though.

I wonder if in 10 years time we will see locomotives repainted into loadhaul and mainline liveries?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

It looks good though.

I wonder if in 10 years time we will see locomotives repainted into loadhaul and mainline liveries?

I think DB own these liveries.

Weve not seen much heritage appreciation in DB in the last 2 decades, since the heritage fleet was disbanded. They could select a few 66’s and put older liveries on them in much the same way Norfolk Southern did in the US.

http://www.nsdash9.com/images/NS-Spencer-rad1.jpg

GBRF sets the trend with the 69’s and I hope they do a similar gathering someday.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Weve not seen much heritage appreciation in DB in the last 2 decades, since the heritage fleet was disbanded. They could select a few 66’s and put older liveries on them in much the same way Norfolk Southern did in the US.

GBRF sets the trend with the 69’s and I hope they do a similar gathering someday.

Is Barrow Hill possibly the only place something like that could happen in the UK? Unless they can do it at the NRM?

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Hi John,

The NS heritage fleet idea would be amazing. I remember reading that it was done to keep intellectual ownership of those brands (same for UP and their heritage fleet) but not sure how true that was, likely wibble. 

Just need CSX to do a Chessie Gevo now and it would be complete in my mind. We may start lobbying DB for loadhaul, Mainline and RES 66s now :)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

whats that wart on its nose ?

Thats not a headlight This is a headlight…

Seen a Few Miles

(fluckr url/ not mine)

I have headlight envy! Rubs thighs! 

• Funny 3

5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

If DB were to do retro liveries I think I would prefer them to apply it to the class 60s

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, adb968008 said:

whats that wart on its nose ?

Thats not a headlight This is a headlight…

Seen a Few Miles

(fluckr url/ not mine)

Although technically the upper one is a Mars light and the lower one is the fixed headlight.  So only the lower one is directly equivalent to a British traction unit headlight - but it is bigger.

• Informative/Useful 1

20 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Big Tease.

(Twitter url/ not mine).

Definately does need the red stripe. Think I prefer it as Compass 37606 than plain railfreight grey 37508

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, KDG said:

Definately does need the red stripe. Think I prefer it as Compass 37606 than plain railfreight grey 37508

I quite like them without when clean, though the Red Stripe Railfreight is good. Technically the yellow cabs shouldn’t wrap around into the door recesses, but they look quite good like that. Rule 1.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I quite like them without when clean, though the Red Stripe Railfreight is good. Technically the yellow cabs shouldn’t wrap around into the door recesses, but they look quite good like that. Rule 1.

Green, FYE or corporate blue, pre TOPS. Nowt better.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

Although technically the upper one is a Mars light and the lower one is the fixed headlight.  So only the lower one is directly equivalent to a British traction unit headlight - but it is bigger.

Whilst not a Mars light, Amongst my various collection of oddities is an SD40-2 Bonnet nose alternating light cluster… imported from the US via ebay of course, where else.

Edited by adb968008

4 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

Yes an absolute must (preferably WR versions - and I don’t mind if they are Vulcan versions (by far the most prolific) or RSH (only 40 WR ones although included the D688xs - so probably the Central Wales headlight fitted ones - not initially but eventually)!! 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, RBAGE said:

There was that time when I was 4 or 5 years old, when my Mum used to give me electric shocks on Navvi Road station platform and you didn’t know what colour the 40 or 25 was until it went past. They used to scare the living daylights out of me at the time, but I then grew accustomed to the thrash. I do ponder getting a small fleet from that time.

47 minutes ago, 97406 said:

There was that time when I was 4 or 5 years old, when my Mum used to give me electric shocks on Navvi Road station platform and you didn’t know what colour the 40 or 25 was until it went past. They used to scare the living daylights out of me at the time, but I then grew accustomed to the thrash. I do ponder getting a small fleet from that time.

If that scared you, imagine this.

My spotting days were late 60s and early 70s. So all the good stuff. Most of my time was at a place called Croxdale, a few miles south of Durham. 

We'd dare each other to walk out onto the viaduct, sit on the side wall with arms wrapped around the metal fence on top of the wall and stay there until the next train passed.

Madness and I'm not advocating you go and try it yourself. I only did it once, never again.

Must have scared the driver.

• Like 1