Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium

My Loch Lomond arrived from Sheffield early doors this morning after a posting notification yesterday. Everything about it, from the packaging, the enclosed documentation to the actual Loco itself is suitably impressive! 😁

Well done to the AS team! 

Edited by Banger Blue
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

I wonder if someone may be able to assist me with a couple of  Niggles with my two 37s. Firstly on my 37043 (sound fitted) I need to reduce the brightness on the dash lights and my thinking is that seeing that they are on a separate function I must be able to be adjusted by a CV setting.

Secondly my 37027 on analog. I’m finding that the marker and headlights are not illuminating until the power is turned up to at least 30% and are off before the loco comes to a stop , Strange? I have also had on a rare occasion where the cab light on the leading cab flashes like a disco light. And finally if I bring the loco to an abrupt stop all the marker lights on both ends illuminate. again strange.

I fully understand that sometimes things can and do go wrong but I wondered if I am the only one to have this problem.

thanks in advance.

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, hoovernut said:

Secondly my 37027 on analog. I’m finding that the marker and headlights are not illuminating until the power is turned up to at least 30% and are off before the loco comes to a stop

I have also noticed this with my analogue 37 027.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, hoovernut said:

I wonder if someone may be able to assist me with a couple of  Niggles with my two 37s. Firstly on my 37043 (sound fitted) I need to reduce the brightness on the dash lights and my thinking is that seeing that they are on a separate function I must be able to be adjusted by a CV setting.

The dash lights are on AUX3 (front) and AUX4 (rear). Changing the brightness is done by setting CV31 to 16, CV32 to 0 and CV294 to the value you want for brightness (for the front). Range is 0-31.

Repeat but replace CV294 with CV302 for the rear.

Make sure you set CV31 and 32 correctly before changing 294 or 302 or it will probably mess something up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, hoovernut said:

Secondly my 37027 on analog. I’m finding that the marker and headlights are not illuminating until the power is turned up to at least 30% and are off before the loco comes to a stop , Strange?...........

This sounds similar to my Deltic –the only real disappointing bit- I am awaiting 37001 DCC ready only, in comparison to My 10 yr plus Bachmann 37 (and 108 DMU) the lights are on full power on a Gaugemaster at @28 on knob and equates to taking 3 seconds to travel 1ft.  The Deltic needs to be on 60 and takes 1.5secs to go 1ft.

Therefore the B/mann looks far better especially when I’m using dusk lighting. So slowing down the numerical headcodes really only go out on the B/mann as it comes to a stop, the Deltics headcodes go out at 40 and 2 secs per foot.  I had hoped it may have been sorted but will only tell when 37001 arrives.

• RMweb Premium

I would have thought the stay alive capacitor bank would give a supply back up to stop the lighting issues your having, if i remember there was stuff on the deltic tread about that and it will be same on all the models i guess as far as wiring and installation,probably worth contact with support on there site and ask the question.

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

I would have thought the stay alive capacitor bank would give a supply back up to stop the lighting issues your having, if i remember there was stuff on the deltic tread about that and it will be same on all the models i guess as far as wiring and installation,probably worth contact with support on there site and ask the question.

Note that cab flicker happening on analogue. If I understand correctly the stay alive is only in use on DCC.

Happy to report my 409 was delivered today from Colletts models, a less than 48 hours after dispatch from them. Hopefully I will have time to inspect/play later today.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, G-BOAF said:

Happy to report my 409 was delivered today from Colletts models

Good to know these are still filtering out.  Today marks five months since my retailer took full payment for my 409 on 3rd March when we believed the whole of Batch 1 was imminent rather than arriving in three phases.  Since then I have received my 423 in April and managed to obtain an 027 direct from Accurascale last month but as of now my retailer still has 409 "on back order".

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I agree with the sentiments expressed by Cessna152towser (although I confess the mere mention of Cessna 152 brings back many happy memories of golf bravo mike mike mike - I digress).

Anyway, I made what is very rapidly looking like a mistake in paying for DCC Sound 043 and 409 from my local retailers in the North East, only for them still to have received none of their order. I called in today to chase it up, and while I was there the manager went on to the Accurascale trade site, only to note that while his 043s are showing correctly, his DCC Sound 409s have disappeared from his order and he is left with only the DCC Ready 409s instead. However, there is still no indication when any of these will arrive even though they paid for them some time time ago on invoice, which included 001s which arn't even due for another month or so. He was still waiting for an email or telephone response when I rang several hours later. I've already had this issue with another retailer on a DCC Sound 37026, but don't get me started on that one. 

Fran - by way of a plea - I appreciate that this probably sounds like stating the obvious, but please do not release remaining stocks to the website until your retailers have received their correct orders, particularly where the ultimate customers have paid in full, often long since.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, tlm said:

I agree with the sentiments expressed by Cessna152towser (although I confess the mere mention of Cessna 152 brings back many happy memories of golf bravo mike mike mike - I digress).

Anyway, I made what is very rapidly looking like a mistake in paying for DCC Sound 043 and 409 from my local retailers in the North East, only for them still to have received none of their order. I called in today to chase it up, and while I was there the manager went on to the Accurascale trade site, only to note that while his 043s are showing correctly, his DCC Sound 409s have disappeared from his order and he is left with only the DCC Ready 409s instead. However, there is still no indication when any of these will arrive even though they paid for them some time time ago on invoice, which included 001s which arn't even due for another month or so. He was still waiting for an email or telephone response when I rang several hours later. I've already had this issue with another retailer on a DCC Sound 37026, but don't get me started on that one. 

Fran - by way of a plea - I appreciate that this probably sounds like stating the obvious, but please do not release remaining stocks to the website until your retailers have received their correct orders, particularly where the ultimate customers have paid in full, often long since.

All retailers should have their orders and if they’ve not they need to (quick smart) get onto us by live chat, sms, email, or any of our supported methods. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, McC said:

All retailers should have their orders and if they’ve not they need to (quick smart) get onto us by live chat, sms, email, or any of our supported methods. 

@McC I phoned my retailer as soon as I read this and the lady I spoke to confirmed they have still not received any of the large logo Accurascale 37s yet.  She promised to take the matter up with Accurascale.

As with tlm my retailer is in the North East.   North East of Scotland in my case, wonder if we are speaking of the same retailer.

( @tlm My handle cessna152towser originated when I first joined the internet 20 years ago at which time I was taking flying lessons on a Cessna 152 G-BTDW.)

Edited by cessna152towser

7 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

@McC I phoned my retailer as soon as I read this and the lady I spoke to confirmed they have still not received any of the large logo Accurascale 37s yet.  She promised to take the matter up with Accurascale.

As with tlm my retailer is in the North East.   North East of Scotland in my case, wonder if we are speaking of the same retailer.

( @tlm My handle cessna152towser originated when I first joined the internet 20 years ago at which time I was taking flying lessons on a Cessna 152 G-BTDW.)

@McC a retailer l was speaking to has tried all methods of contacting you and has had no reply. He is trying to sort out his 37’s. 

Add us to the list of retailers trying to unlock our trade orders for the Class 37s. You should have several e-mails from us in your e-mail inbox already. 

We look forward to throwing money your way, in return for the 37s that we have ordered, and which you have acknowledged the orders for.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Just came back from a trip out to the shops for groceries and received an e-mail from KMS Railtech that my order for 37 409 has been cancelled and payment is being refunded to my Paypal account. 

Polite apologetic message "Sorry for not getting back earlier in the week, I've been trying to get my colleague to give me an update on the state of orders from Accurascale.
I haven't been able to do this due to a family issue. At this time I think the easiest way to resolve this is to repay the order back to your account. I am sorry for this action at this time, but to enable you to get one from Accurascale in a timely manner, it will be the easiest option. Regards"

Disappointed as I paid in full for this pre-order five months ago.

All well and good though if Accurascale can still supply.

• Friendly/supportive 4

Rails announced on FB that they had a few DCC Sound 043s yesterday but they'd gone before I could finish logging on to their website.

Come on Accurascale, if Retailers have paid you in full on invoice, often long since, and especially where they in turn been paid in full by their customers (as in my case in both respects), where are the locos ?

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, tlm said:

Rails announced on FB that they had a few DCC Sound 043s yesterday but they'd gone before I could finish logging on to their website.

Come on Accurascale, if Retailers have paid you in full on invoice, often long since, and especially where they in turn been paid in full by their customers (as in my case in both respects), where are the locos ?

not the first retailer to say the same thing, asked pay in full months in advance of the product and always without fail receive the goods long after they have appeared on the AS web site and in most cases sold out.

back to the 37's. picked up concrete bob off the bay a couple of weeks ago, lovely runner, do i need something blue, black and yellow to pull Caroline, heart says yes, wallet says no, decisions, decisions.

• Friendly/supportive 1

Many thanks Markn

Sadly Acadia appear only to have the DCC Ready versions. To retrofit these with Accurascale's own decoder (currently out of stock), and speaker, is just under an additional £25 plus whatever postage Acadia may charge, and then there's the interminable wait for the speaker clips when these eventually become available. I'm also less inclined to go down the retrofit route again, as I've has lighting issues with a 423 and an 026 already where I did this. The 423 is back with Accurascale for what I expect will be a warranty replacement motherboard, and I'm waiting to see how they deal with this before sending back the 026.

Having paid in full for the DCC Sound 043 and 409, I've decided (I may well regret this I know) that I'm going to risk it and wait to see how Accurascale respond. I doubt they'll want a PR nightmare on their hands, and hopefully will sort out the supplies to what appears now to be several retailers who have currently been left high and dry without their 043s, 402s and 409s, before releasing any remaining stock on to their website.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We have been in touch with Durham Trains of Stanley and C&M models regarding their orders and they’re getting sorted as we speak. 

If any other retailer has yet to hear from us regarding their large logo blue class 37s please send me a PM.

Thanks!

Fran

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

6 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

Just came back from a trip out to the shops for groceries and received an e-mail from KMS Railtech that my order for 37 409 has been cancelled and payment is being refunded to my Paypal account. 

Polite apologetic message "Sorry for not getting back earlier in the week, I've been trying to get my colleague to give me an update on the state of orders from Accurascale.
I haven't been able to do this due to a family issue. At this time I think the easiest way to resolve this is to repay the order back to your account. I am sorry for this action at this time, but to enable you to get one from Accurascale in a timely manner, it will be the easiest option. Regards"

Disappointed as I paid in full for this pre-order five months ago.

All well and good though if Accurascale can still supply.

I have had mine on pre order also from kms 409 dcc sound so im guessing it will be the same outcome for me then ill have to ring them on Monday i think most places would be sold out now real shame after pre ordering for so long. 

• Friendly/supportive 2

Time to dig out my old Bachmann Dynamis Pro controller and test my new 37....

Will it be up to the job in terms of function keys?    Seem to think the Dynsmis is limited to 20 functions but the new,37 has about 30 on dcc sound.

If the dynamis needs to go whats a good replacement mid budget?

• Like 1