Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Formula 1, 2020

Andrew P

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

So no new title sponsor, and a large dollop of cash to buy out the Honda engine project. Mateschitz will have to pull his belt in a bit. 

Are yes but, they do have the New Ex F2 Driver from the Honda Young Drivers thing in the Alpha Touri and so maybe that will be payment enough for the Engine deal, IF THEY GET THE DEAL.:o.

If not, Hello Mr Renault, we really liked your Engine but it was Alonso that said we should try Honda. Please can we do a deal, please, please PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE.:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

9 minutes ago, Zomboid said:

Which is one of the things that makes Max so remarkable. Albon is still young enough to bounce back.

Max has only to secure another 7 Grand Prix wins to gain another place in the record books.

The most wins without a World Championship. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

15 hours ago, rocor said:

Max has only to secure another 7 Grand Prix wins to gain another place in the record books.

The most wins without a World Championship. 

Well he's pretty likely to obtain that record at some point, since it'll take more than 7 wins for him to be confirmed as champion anyway. But I'd be astonished if he finished his career with that record.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Max has a glorious future ahead of him if no misfortune intervenes. He is unlucky to have arrived on the scene in the Lewis era, when the best man in the best car has dominated. But Lewis will not stay forever. 

Unlucky isn't the phrase I'd use Ian, stars not in alignment perhaps, but I get your gist.

I'd like to think, and to a certain extent it's been borne out by his performances, that Max has benefitted from racing against a true master of the sport. Wherever he was on the ability scale when he entered F1, he's undoubtedly had to up his game to compete. (Without the questionable tactics of inter-team mind games to boot.)

C6T. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, steve1 said:

Given that the 2020 season is over, shouldn't all discussion of F1 matters from now on be on a new 2021 season Thread?

Just a thought...

steve

Andy started this in Jan so no doubt someone will make a decision and link it here ;) 

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

13 minutes ago, steve1 said:

Given that the 2020 season is over, shouldn't all discussion of F1 matters from now on be on a new 2021 season Thread?

Just a thought...

steve

A new thread is generally started on 1st Jan, by 1 of 2 venerable gentlemen, I should wait for them to do the honours.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, steve1 said:

Just a thought...

steve

1 hour ago, PaulRhB said:

Andy started this in Jan so no doubt someone will make a decision and link it here ;) 

Several different people have started this thread (changed by year date) and usually on the 1st Jan, as I did just after Midnight this year, and as Ian @Oldddudders and a couple of others in previous years.

I took it upon my self as a contributor to do the honours for 2020, and so its time to look for suggestions for 2021,

My Vote is for Ian @Oldddudders to once again oblige, as the Senior amongst us, unless there are any other nominations.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

(Without the questionable tactics of inter-team mind games to boot.)

I am interested why they questionable? Mind games play a part in every sport and have been a part of motorsport since its inception, dear old Enzo was probably one of the worst exponents. All the great drivers have a ruthless streak and will do anything to gain what the late great Mark Donohue called the unfair advantage. 

PS his book 'The Unfair Advantage' is a great read.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Several different people have started this thread (changed by year date) and usually on the 1st Jan, as I did just after Midnight this year, and as Ian @Oldddudders and a couple of others in previous years.

I took it upon my self as a contributor to do the honours for 2020, and so its time to look for suggestions for 2021,

My Vote is for Ian @Oldddudders to once again oblige, as the Senior amongst us, unless there are ant other nominations.

I would agree, if you think Mr O Dudders' signal will still get through from France after midnight Dec 31st?

• Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, daltonparva said:

I would agree, if you think Mr O Dudders' signal will still get through from France after midnight Dec 31st?

Well, sadly, I will not have Cuddly Wifey to distract me, as she is in Torquay. So I accept that on 1.1.21 I must kick off the next season with some ramblings about who and what and where. Challenge accepted! 

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

3 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Well, sadly, I will not have Cuddly Wifey to distract me, as she is in Torquay. So I accept that on 1.1.21 I must kick off the next season with some ramblings about who and what and where. Challenge accepted! 

Good Man, THANKS.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, kipford said:

I am interested why they questionable? Mind games play a part in every sport and have been a part of motorsport since its inception, dear old Enzo was probably one of the worst exponents. All the great drivers have a ruthless streak and will do anything to gain what the late great Mark Donohue called the unfair advantage. 

PS his book 'The Unfair Advantage' is a great read.

Your swing of the handbag is duly noted sirrah. 

Meet me with your seconds at 7pm on the croquet lawn. 

Alternatively, just drive faster. 

C6T. 

• Funny 4

3 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Haha, Just thinking about it, your an Hour ahead of us poor Brits, so ???????

• Like 1
  • Agree 2