Gopher

4 minutes ago, chuffinghell said:

I think admin removed it due to over use following posts made by me and @MrWolf (mostly Rob's though :lol:)

I often wish I had modelled the 1950's so I could have a few diesels.

Probably a wise move then Chris.  

Yes I quite like the early diesels, especially diesel hydraulics and the early DMUs, but still have more steam locos than diesel on the layout   I have a fairly flexible time period spanning 10 years - 1950s/ early 60s - so run what I like in this time period, I am afraid including some locos and  liveries which would not be seen together.           

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Probably a wise move then Chris.  

Yes I quite like the early diesels, especially diesel hydraulics and the early DMUs, but still have more steam locos than diesel on the layout   I have a fairly flexible time period spanning 10 years - 1950s/ early 60s - so run what I like in this time period, I am afraid including some locos and  liveries which would not be seen together.           

I'm guilty of owning an ancient Triang DMU, that gets run when nobody is looking. A £15 car boot find that I just had to rescue. I did also have a converted Airfix railbus and then there's the GWR railcar that's probably still out of period but looks too 1930s not to have one!

PS. The removal of the groan button was nothing to do with me. I liked it. Apparently it was used by some sad case as a means of being a keyboard warrior. 

5 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I'm guilty of owning an ancient Triang DMU, that gets run when nobody is looking. A £15 car boot find that I just had to rescue. I did also have a converted Airfix railbus and then there's the GWR railcar that's probably still out of period but looks too 1930s not to have one!

PS. The removal of the groan button was nothing to do with me. I liked it. Apparently it was used by some sad case as a means of being a keyboard warrior. 

Precisely - whose going to know, I bet you even put a bus on a bridge when no-one is looking:jester:   

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Gopher said:

:thankyou: excellent - quite made my day.  Your secret is safe with me. 

don’t tell Rob but there’s a bus on his bridge shhhh!!

I might take a screenshot so he can’t delete his post later and deny it :P

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Funny 1

I have discussed the possibility of the bus on the bridge picture being retained for a future blackmail attempt with my Personal Assistant / Publicity Officer / Security Adviser and she has issued the following statement on my behalf:

03000802.jpg

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 2
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Just for you...

IMG_20201201_181253.jpg.e2cd901eb3ad40d9a9b5ea28a89a6b02.jpg

"Gott in Himmel, ein weiterer Bus auf einer Brucke! Manfred, zunde die Stuka an!"

For those who haven't got Google Translate:

"God in Heaven, another Bus on a bridge! Manfred, fire up the Stuka!"

:D

• Funny 4

Entshuldigung Bitte! 

Durchkommen!

Entshuldigung ich bin zu spàt!

Or: 

Excuse please!

Coming through!

Sorry I'm a bit late!

f3f840026e44acb7c1da3d8dcde87c66.jpg

Edited by MrWolf
Àutocorrect nicht verstehen Deutsch!
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

Nope. Definitely no buses on bridges. Even if we actually had any bridges over the railway, which we don't. 

That may have been a conscious decision to make buses wait at level crossings.

Are we implying that little eight stone girl isn't all kittens and daisy chains and might actually be a bit sinister at times? 

Actually, you're right... she is slightly bats, that's why she's here I think.

• Friendly/supportive 1

8 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Nope. Definitely no buses on bridges. Even if we actually had any bridges over the railway, which we don't. 

That may have been a conscious decision to make buses wait at level crossings.

Are we implying that little eight stone girl isn't all kittens and daisy chains and might actually be a bit sinister at times? 

Actually, you're right... she is slightly bats, that's why she's here I think.

8 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Not at all - I just remember you posting a photo earlier in this thread of the good lady pointing a gun.   Quite normal I am sure :jester:.  I think a bus at a level crossing is a great substitute  

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

43 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Not at all - I just remember you posting a photo earlier in this thread of the good lady pointing a gun.   Quite normal I am sure :jester:.  I think a bus at a level crossing is a great substitute  

It wasn't loaded! :D

Edited by MrWolf

3 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

You knew that and she knew that but did the gun know?

Probably better not to know. 

The picture was actually taken as a detail shot for a painting that I was working on. It's a long story, but the painting worked out well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I simply had to buy another of Chuffinghell's Loriot L wagons from Shapeways.  I also invested in a Langley Models International TD6 Bulldozer as one of the loads.  Another white metal kit (which I hate making), but went together reasonably well.  I managed to screw up the paint finish on the bulldozer by overdoing the matt varnish.  It curdled, and had to be stripped off.  This inevitably meant a repaint, and some bad language.  My next challenge was to leave it un-weathered in pretty much pristine condition.  I copped out with the load for the other Loriot and simply stuck a large crate on it.

IMG_4791.JPG

IMG_4792.JPG

IMG_4793.JPG

• Like 3

The new Dapol GWR Mogul makes it's debut at Dewchurch MPD.  I posted on the Dapol Mogul thread some of the issues I had with this model (this is the third replacement loco - and runs beautifully unlike the first two).  I have added a sound decoder, speaker in the tender, crew, coal and dummy lamps.  Also lightly weathered it.   It is a very nice model and hopefully the Dapol Manor will be as good.      

P.S. A belated Happy New Year to all.  Lets hope 2021 is a better one all round.

IMG_4795.JPG

IMG_4796.JPG

IMG_4797.JPG

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I’ve just spent a very enjoyable half hour catching up with this thread since looking up your comparison between Townstreet and Petite Properties which I found incredibly useful, thanks. What a stunning layout and what beautiful photos - very inspirational. Thanks for taking the trouble to share your work.  
Cheers,

Andrew

Edited by Andrew D
  • Agree 2

33 minutes ago, Andrew D said:

I’ve just spent a very enjoyable half hour catching up with this thread since looking up your comparison between Townstreet and Petite Properties which I found incredibly useful, thanks. What a stunning layout and what beautiful photos - very inspirational. Thanks for taking the trouble to share your work.  
Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew thanks so much for the kind comments, I really appreciate the feedback.    I try to model the railway scene (albeit fictisiously in limited space) as I remember it in the early 60s.   So it is all pretty run down, and not truly prototypical.

I am afraid I am now running out of photos to post.  I occasionally think I'll dismantle it and try and build a better version (but then I sober up and think no way).  So I try to improve bits of it from time to time - replacing locos, rolling stock, buildings, figures, road vehicles - and refreshing the scenery.   Thanks again for looking at my efforts.     

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1