Gopher

Couple of views of Mk1 stock parked at Platform 1 Dewchurch. 

A loco crew chats on the Platform, waiting to return on the cushions, but probably not on the Pullman stock which can just be glimpsed sitting at Platform 2  

IMG_4924 (2).JPG

IMG_4925 (2).JPG

• Like 15

Bachmann Class 121 - waits at Harewood Halt en-route to Dewchurch.  It is the sound fitted version.  I have upgraded the speaker which has improved the sound and of course weathered it.   It is a nice model and runs very well.  

IMG_4919.JPG

IMG_4920 (2).JPG

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 12

I'm a sucker for Railway huts, and came across this laser kit from Intentio.   Still very much work in progress.  Having bought it I had to find room for it on the layout.   Current thinking is to replace a ready to plant resin building at the entrance to the loco yard.  This hut was intended for crews of locos entering the shed to book into the shed, and book out the loco  when they leave.  The hut is a bit bigger than the building it replaces, but I think it will be O.K.       

20210704_133735.jpg

20210704_161659.jpg

20210706_123537.jpg

20210706_123547.jpg

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 11

1 minute ago, Nevermakeit said:

Who made the milk tanker, and how did you make it look so realistically grubby, please?

Thanks for the compliment.  The Milk tanker is a Dapol model which I slightly upgraded with new wheels and small tension lock couplings.  The weathering was mainly applied with an airbrush, but on the tank I used a paintbrush to streak the wet paint, then gave it another slight dusting of paint using the airbrush to bed it all in.  I always use acrylic paints for weathering.  My go to colours are Tamiya Nato black, and a range of Life colour weathering paints (track dirt, frame dirt, sleeper grime), I also use Tamiya matt black and gun metal. 

I sometimes overspray on the chassis with a different colour when the previous colour is still wet.  I find this can give an interesting variation in colours.  After the airbrush work I then occasionally use a paint brush to dry brush certain details e.g. leaf springs, axle boxes, buffers, steps, ladders -   to highlight certain details.  It is very much trial and error, and it is easy to get carried away and over weather something.    I find it useful to take  a break and review what I have done before I add yet more gunge to a model.       

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

The Cathedrals Express about to pass through Harewood Halt having left Dewchurch 30 mins earlier.

Two photos of the same scene but with the foreground in focus in one, and background in focus in the other (Such are my limited photographic skills using my android phone).

20210704_132922 (2).jpg

20210704_132930 (2).jpg

• Like 7

Well the Intentio hut is complete.  I added  Wills guttering and down pipes, and a chimney pot.  Also added York Modelmaking arches over window and door, to hopefully make the building a bit more Great Western.  I think the kit is based on a Great Central Railway building.  

20210711_151928.jpg

20210711_161812 (3).jpg

• Like 12