The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

All the useless things you have learned whilst in COVID isolation

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gibbo675 said:

I have learned that information is only useless if it not suitably applied within any set context.

Wandering off into philosophy here I suppose, but "useless" is always subjective. You could argue that anything beyond keeping you with the basic necessities of survival is useless. You could argue that even having those is really, they're only useful within the subjective (albeit almost universal) experience of "I want to live." So I'd say "useful" is "whatever makes you happy" (and conversely "useless" is anything that has the opposite effect).

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

Hi Folks,

I seem to have wandered off into philosophy again in that I have noted that people seem to refer to the "New Normal" and yet so far the one thing I have learned about this "New Normal" that it really ought to be call the "New Completely Different !"

Gibbo.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

However using the Internet it is impossible to tell which are true and which are not! 

That’s easy, everything true on the internet is untrue......unless of course it’s true, then it might be just mis-told in which case it could be mistakenly leaked and then denied as the truth.......they are the truths :wacko:

• Informative/Useful 1