The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

All the useless things you have learned whilst in COVID isolation

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

America is being run by a Spitting Image puppet, although they are doing it so well I haven't seen the operating wires yet.

Mike.

So is Britain

Andi

• Agree 6
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

America is being run by a Spitting Image puppet, although they are doing it so well I haven't seen the operating wires yet.

Mike.

Humm ... but he is highly strung!

• Like 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

I hadn't realised that more girls worldwide reach the age of one than boys.  It came up in discussions about you know what and the fact it seems to kill more men than women (in countries that have released deaths by gender). 

Both these things seem to be related to women having XY chromosomes and men having XX.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

I hadn't realised that more girls worldwide reach the age of one than boys.  It came up in discussions about you know what and the fact it seems to kill more men than women (in countries that have released deaths by gender). 

Both these things seem to be related to women having XY chromosomes and men having XX.

Its an interesting topic - the discrepancy has long been thought to be linked to genetically "Fragile Males", which was also thought to account for many first trimester miscarriages. As my ex and I suffered at least 6 its a topic that I have paid some attention to in the past...

http://nautil.us/issue/27/dark-matter/this-gender-mystery-starts-nine-months-before-birth

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

My theory is that men are more brow beaten by women their nose collects the virus more.
As women thumb up their noses more at men, the nasal passages are above the gravity line of the virus.

it could of course be much simpler... men don’t wash hands all day, pick noses and digest more of the virus than women.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 3

I’ve learnt how to use Zoom to enjoy videoconferencing with my children and grandchildren who live in Crewe, Rugeley and Geelong (Australia). 

Oops - I misread the title and thought it said “useful”. Doh!!

Edited by Ashcombe
To admit an error.
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I've learnt that the single, solitary brain cell that Trump has been bestowed with is totally unserviceable.

(Thought:  I'd love to meet the Secret Service Guys that have the job of protecting him, and ask "would you REALLY take a bullet for that Pr1ck?")

• Like 2
  • Agree 9
  • Funny 4

8 hours ago, Dagworth said:

So is Britain

Andi

10 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Morning all

A thread for irony - or anything else that fits! Facts or tips, whatever takes your fancy...

So heres Fact #1 ..... belt loops are made for hanging peg bag on when hanging washing on the line...

0AF82D2B-15ED-4A0D-807E-0AD907D56B45.jpeg

New design of gun holster surely?

• Funny 2

7 hours ago, Metr0Land said:

So I will rise to the bait and just to be pedantic, its the other way round, men are XY and women XX.

• RMweb Premium

OK I'm not in isolation so maybe it doesn't count, but I'm not used to trying to buy lots of shopping in one go, so took the usual smaller trolley. Found out that the hook for a bag is quite handy for a mini keg when there's no room left in the trolley.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Morning all

A thread for irony - or anything else that fits! Facts or tips, whatever takes your fancy...

So heres Fact #1 ..... belt loops are made for hanging peg bag on when hanging washing on the line...

0AF82D2B-15ED-4A0D-807E-0AD907D56B45.jpeg

But that means I’d have to follow the wife around the garden when she pegs out the washing :lol:

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Lantavian said:

I found out that the Lava Lamp was invented in 1963 by a British accountant whose other claim to fame was making underwater films of nudists. 

I was trying to think of the connection.......then I did :lol:

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Reorte said:

OK I'm not in isolation so maybe it doesn't count, but I'm not used to trying to buy lots of shopping in one go, so took the usual smaller trolley. Found out that the hook for a bag is quite handy for a mini keg when there's no room left in the trolley.

We usually hang the toilet rolls on the hook.........that was when there were toilet rolls in the supermarkets of course....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, boxbrownie said:

But that means I’d have to follow the wife around the garden when she pegs out the washing :lol:

Well I didnt do it right did I!

So got told NEVER to do it again! Hee hee

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Phil Bullock said:

I was meant to get the washing in while she went back to work today. Guess who forgot?

At least she is better now, 19 days of the virus, wouldn't wish it on anyone, even a politician!

Andi 

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Knew there be more to it than that......buggered up the washing machine too I expect? :lol:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Dagworth said:

At least she is better now, 19 days of the virus, wouldn't wish it on anyone, even a politician!

Andi 

Great to hear some good news about the virus, plenty of rest now it’s a really debilitating disease which can have a long full recovery time, our Son says some shake it off in a few days and others are laid out for weeks getting back to normal.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, No46 said:

New design of gun holster surely?

I thought it was a sporran

• Funny 4