Masterclass Models CCT kit

Guest Max Stafford

Any word on the lucky 8 Chris?

Turned out to be the lucky 7 - I remembered at the last minute I had to hold onto one of the roofs as an emergency master in case the real master suffers a mishap on its way to or at the the moulders.

Unfortunately, you are the unlucky eight person. Sorry.

As gathered, the orders did just manage to get to the 12 required. So the kit is now available again, although if all the parts are here by Christmas it would be surprising.

Chris

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just to let everyone know that I am just awaiting the last few castings to fulfill the outstanding orders (5 kits to 4 people).

Each year I expect to be announcing the kit will be discontinued, as Bachmann have announded a RTR version. And each year I am surprised when they don't. So just to state, the kit remains in production, and as new etches are expected in a couple of weeks, it will be more or less immediately available.

Chris

• 2 months later...

Hi,

chris are you planning on doing any more as I am after a couple and wondered if any one else is intrested to enable you to do a run.

cheers

Simon

I have all the parts for the kits, but no time to pack them up for now, as my day job is a bit hectic at the moment.

Chris

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Chris, it would be a shame if you did discontinue the kit. I for one would rather build one than buy an RTR. I've had mine for a while now but still too nervous to start it!

Adriano

Well, I 'm sure it would be nice if kits were always available. But the number of orders (or rather lack of them) suggest that most people who want one, have one by now.

Chris

Well, I 'm sure it would be nice if kits were always available. But the number of orders (or rather lack of them) suggest that most people who want one, have one by now.

Chris

Well I would have some more if enough interest were shown to merit a new batch.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Another book closes forever.....

Just as a postscript to the story, for anyone going to Wigan today or tomorrow, I am told that the 9 I sold to the Mostyn guys and built by Richard Oldfield (with extra detailing) will be making their debut.

Chris

Archived