RMweb

Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

And you managed to catch a Colas 70 in there as well.  Didn't find any of those on my visit but saw most of them elsewhere on the region including on ballast workings from Eastleigh to the major work sites on the Brighton line.  Some nights we got three along the coast each with a 70 at both ends.  The track panel train was always a 66 though.  The work is to replace Keymer Junction, Haywards Heath tunnel and station area plus the ongoing depot construction at Three Bridges.

All a long way from Llanbourne ;)

I quite like the class 70s, saw that one at Eastleigh, and managed a pic of one on the Westbury- Eastleigh. A few days before I went out for it a friend of mine saw the same train with 3 class 70s up front.

Cheers Peter. 

post-7022-0-30495500-1413705892_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Some more progress. Most of the track is now weathered apart from the oil terminal which I will leave for now as I need to find some pics and work out how to do the pipework for unloading the wagons. Some point levers has been added and old carpet underlay is being used on the grass area.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-86570500-1413867680_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-52508000-1413867708_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-80129200-1413867772_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Looking really good Peter.

The Rail Express Modeller section in this months (November 2014) Rail Express has a main feature on oil / petro-chemical rail terminals. Quite a few photos of different types of terminal.

Cheers  

Looking really good Peter.

The Rail Express Modeller section in this months (November 2014) Rail Express has a main feature on oil / petro-chemical rail terminals. Quite a few photos of different types of terminal.

Cheers  

Thanks Sam,

I have found a few pics on Flickr. But will download the lastest Rail Express mag. The wife bought an Ipad a few months back and I have been getting Rail Express as it saves me waiting for a copy to come out to Oz.

Cheers Peter.

The curve is looking good Peter, I take it that the oil unloading is where the tank wagons are placed?

I've just put my mitts on Rail No77, February 1988 with a full feature on N Wales freight traffic, some nice pictures too!!!

JInty ;-)

Thanks Dave and Jinty,

I think I have that copy. I has a Peak on the front cover. :locomotive:

Yes the oil terminal are the two sidings still to be weathered. 6 wagons in each siding.

I down loaded the latest Rail Express last night and it does have a few useful pics, thanks to Sam for letting me know. The pics of the terminal at Fort William are most like what I want to do although my sidings are on a slight curve. 

Cheers Peter.

Peter, what make is the tunnel mouth? Scratchbuilt?

Hi Mate,

The keystones are cut from a Wills viaduct kit the rest is Wills sheet. There are some pics of it being built on the thread about a year ago.

Cheers Peter.

Looking brilliant, I bet it's such a great layout to operate

David

Thanks David,

There is plenty to do when operating, It seems to work better when I run the timetable as it's easy to for leave a loco on the blocks or block in a loco on the holding sidings.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Two more nice sets of photos. Good to 40012 in action. She was the last 40 I saw on a passenger working.

Hope you don't mind me including the photo. It's a copy of a 6x4 print so the quality isn't too good.  

The date is late 1984 and 40012 was attached at York to work through to Scarborough. Can't remember where the train originated... Liverpool or maybe Bangor?

post-13274-0-73797800-1414422204.jpg

Looking again at 40012 on Llanbourne and the photo, it looks like you've got the bodyside grime just about right!

Cheers

Alan

Edited by 60091
  • Like 6

Hi Peter

Two more nice sets of photos. Good to 40012 in action. She was the last 40 I saw on a passenger working.

Hope you don't mind me including the photo. It's a copy of a 6x4 print so the quality isn't too good.  

The date is late 1984 and 40012 was attached at York to work through to Scarborough. Can't remember where the train originated... Liverpool or maybe Bangor?

attachicon.gifPICT0116a.JPG

Looking again at 40012 on Llanbourne and the photo, it looks like you've got the bodyside grime just about right!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks for the pic Alan,

Any pics of the real thing are welcome. I didn't get to see many class 40s, and I didn't see 012 until she was renumbered as a 97. I copied the weathering from photo's and the one I took at Carlisle in 85.

Cheers Peter.

Lovely stuff Peter, plenty of pictures to provide me with some inspiration for my own layout.

Thanks Simon,

I am pleased my pics give you inspiration, I get plenty from other layout on here and other places. It's always good to get some new idea's.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Really looking great, everytime i come onto your page for a quick catch up you have pictures from different angles everytime.

Looks superb and the oil terminal section is coming on great