Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

• RMweb Premium

Just caught up with your latest work Peter and there's plenty in here to your usual high standards. Thanks for keeping us in touch with developments.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Hi Keith, Any pics from North Wales would be good, I have a few unit pics but as you say we didn't take much notice back then. I know we weren't happy when Sprinters started to appear, as it meant the end to loco hauled trains.

Hi Larry, Glad to see you back on here hope you are feeling better, thanks for the pics always helpful, I have seen the bottom pic in your book which helps with the colour of the box.

Hi Mark, Give it time and they will probably do one in provincial livery, I looked at getting one in the later livery like yours but it was a bit out of my time period.

Hi Merfyn, I think I have enough pics for now, if I need more pics when I start building I will give you a shout.

Hi Mark, I am hoping to be able to run the 150 with the 142 and some point depends if I can lower the 142.

That is a nice pic of the 20s leaving on passenger I am quite happy with my work there, sometimes I suprise myself with how good I am.laugh.gif wink.gif Seriously though I do have some 20s which I run on Passenger, I might have to give them a run in the week.

Hi Rick, Thanks, I see you have been busy too. Hopefully I will get a chance this week to do more on the Extension.

Cheers Peter.

That 150 really looks good, Peter. I'm really jealous now, because I want one of those but just cannot justify it with all the other stuff I want but can't afford as well! biggrin_mini.gif

Your pic also shows that Hornby's colours on the 142 were pretty close to accurate, even though they appear rather bright in the flesh (unless you have repainted it).

Your progress is amazing. Keep up the good work.

Pete that is really looking good. The 142 and the 150 really do fit in nicely I am most envious of the time that you can spend on your layout and the rolling stock. I hadn't had a chance to say congrates of the photo of the month!

See you next week end here! hopefully I can get some more stuff done on it... though with work I doubt it! :(

Hi Jeff, Are you going to Dougs next week? I am just thinking if you could bring one of your 150s so I can see if the ride high is the same on both vehicles.

The 142 hasn't been painted just weathered, it is quite a good match.

Hi Doug, Yep should be up to see you next week, and check out all that work you have been doing.biggrin.gif I didn't get much time on the layout this weekend, not after cleaning the house, walking the mutt, cutting grass, splitting wood, walking the mutt, fixing the chainsaw, trying to find the leak in the car, etc.

Hi Keith, Thanks for that, it just reminds me of a time when trains came further down the list than going down the pub. biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter.

G'day,

As some of you know I ordered a Train4U 150 last Thursday and it arrived yesterday.biggrin.gif So a big thanks to Gareth and the team, great service.biggrin.gif The model looks great the livery looks spot on the unit runs well but the power car has a slight wobble it looks like one wheel isn't on quite straight so I should be able to fix it no probs. One thing I did notice is that the power car is just a little higher than the trailer, has anyone had this problem? It looks like the body is on the chassis ok.

I took a few pics of the 150 with a 142 and it dosn't look to bad just a bit high, I might see if I can put some smaller wheels on the 142 anyone done that?

47106 is now running ok, I did have a problem with the loco coming of the track on a curve but I have fixed it know.

Cheers Peter.

Hi Peter

Just found this, if it helps. 150128 and 142??? coming from Llandudno at the Junction 19/3/1986. Makes the models look OK to me !

Merf.

post-1625-12788779201.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Merfyn,

Nice pic thanks, looks like the 150 and 142 pairing was quite common Mark sent me a couple of links the other day showing the same thing.

I spy a Clamp lock in the foreground by the speed limit sign, bonus.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter,

• RMweb Gold

That 150 looks right at home at Llanbourne although the bashers may not agree! Replacing locos and coaches with new generation DMUs, I feel all those bashers might be slightly upset by your actions!

Yes we are - bring back the 24s :P

Yes we are - bring back the 24s tongue.gif

I think it's the quality of the latest DMUs from Bachmann in particular that make you want to run them. I'm having a similar crisis on Waverley West, where my new 150 and 107 are getting far more running time than my locos at the moment. I'm really beginning to question my judgement. What next, Voyagers, 156s, 170s. Surely not?

Cheers,

Dave

• RMweb Gold

here are a couple of pics taken today.

Hi Peter - Just wanted to add my appreciation to the picture that was PoW last week - as a strict BR Blue disciple myself ;) , I was very happy to see that image everytime I logged on to the forum! I tried to find it in the model galleries but couldn't - am I correct in that there isn't one for Llanbourne? - Pete

• RMweb Premium

Hi Pete, can`t find any unit pics ..so heres some 20s insteadbiggrin.gif this was Llandudno station about 90/91..

Cracking shot. Presumably a Ludo - Derby. Just been catching up with your thread Pete.......still a cracking read and great pictures

Keep em coming cool.gif

Anthony

Hi Grimley & Dave, I am only planning on the one 150 so the loco hauled to DMU ratio will still be good.wink.gif

Hi Merfyn, Thanks for the pic, I did read about the 142s getting banned, wheel slip and wheel noise wasn't it.

Hi Dave, No chance of voyagers they're rancid things the 150 will be the most modern.

Nothing on Llanbourne has had much of a run recently I have been concentrating on getting things off the workbench the last few months.

Thanks Pete, I do have a gallery for Llanbourne it must be a few pages back. Most pics are posted on this thread though.

Thanks Anthony, My brother has plenty of great pics from the 80s and 90s, he works for the railway so gets about a bit using his pass.

I notice a bit of work on your layout, the baseboards look good and you can fit so much in the space.biggrin.gif

Here are a few pics to keep the bashers happy.biggrin.gif

First up is 25109 on a Cardiff- Bangor train, the booked 47 failed at Chester, the 25 is waiting for a DMU to leave. In platform 3 20169 & 20121 wait to leave on a train for Derby ( I tried to copy Keith's pic but got the coaches wrongohmy.gif ) In platform 2 is no heat Peak 45029 ready to leave on a Trans-Pennine train to York. Take your pick boys and get some haulage.laugh.gif

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-127901092809_thumb.jpg

post-7022-12790112559_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127901144245_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127901188385_thumb.jpg

post-7022-127901202765_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Peter,

Those latest photos are great and I can just imagine how much fun you must have had running that lot - certainly looks a busy Summer Saturday and even the engineers with the 47 on at the back ready for some Sunday ballast duties as well - excellent! For me I would probably want to go in the 108 sat behind the drivers cab looking through the glass ahead - brilliant as a kid doing that on trains out of Barrow to Lancaster! We had a school trip once from Barrow to Port Sunlight - I think the whole of the primary school went bussed to the station where there was a specially chartered train made up of several 108 units to take us there and back I think it was in about 87 but not certain as would have been 7 or 8 at the time. We never got another trip like that again!

Thanks,

Mark

Nice pic thanks, looks like the 150 and 142 pairing was quite common Mark sent me a couple of links the other day showing the same thing.

Hi Peter,

Well a combination of Llanbourne and Waverley West have convinced me to register and post a congratulatory note. I know its all been said before but Llanbourne (and Waverley West - well done Dave!) should be and will be inspirational to many modellers. I'm just about to embark on a new layout which is taking up one side of the office wall - well it will be a distraction from work if nothing else! - but if I can get it to 50% of your standard, i'll be happy!

Well done.

Cheers

Rich

PS Cheeky I know, but can you help me how? How long are the Hornby 142 and the Bachmann 150 models (i.e. measured separately)? I'm trying to work out fiddle yard space! Well done again.

Hi Keith, it is a good move just a shame it didn't really happen.biggrin.gif I never did get a class 25.sad.gif

Hi Mark, I was trying to capture the summer Saturday feel, I am a bit worried about your choice of haulage though i do remember sitting up front on the 101s and 108s though I woulden't not do the 20s, or the no heat Peak. I had 45029 a few times and it was a beast.biggrin.gif

Hi Rich, welcome to the forum. Pleased you like the layout it not finished yet but I am getting there. Good luck with your new layout be sure to keep us posted.

The 150 is 55cm and the 142 41cm hope that helps you get started.wink.gif

Hi Rich, welcome to the forum. Pleased you like the layout it not finished yet but I am getting there. Good luck with your new layout be sure to keep us posted.

The 150 is 55cm and the 142 41cm hope that helps you get started.wink.gif

Thanks for the welcome ... and the info, that helps a lot! To be honest, being early days I didn't really think people would be interested, but given your gentle push, I might start a forum posting on here and see how it goes! Happy to document my progress if people are interested in reading it .... my god, that now gives a major challenge to get somewhere near your standard unsure.gif

Ta

Rich