Llanbourne North Wales in the 80s.

P.C.M

These videos are getting better and better, Peter. I thought the 47 looked utterly convincing. The only thing missing is a little exhaust smoke (and no, I'm not suggesting you fit smoke units to ll your diesels; that would be a step too far, especially as I don't think model smoke is at all convincing!).

p.s. I still haven't emailed Bif yet, but I do want one of his class 71 projects, so I'll be doing that very soon. Will give you a call to verify which decoder you want reblown with what sounds.

Thanks Jeff,

I did try getting the smell of Diesel once. Lets just say it did not work and made a bit of a mess. I have seen snoke units fitted to 7mm diesels and it is quite good but as you say not at all convincing.

No worries on the sound chips, I might even have another one when I see you next as I am thinking of getting my class 31 reblown.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 2

So I got this off Ebay. I was going to remove the sound chip and sell it on. I was sold as not a good runner but I have cleaned it up and it runs great. It sounds pretty good too and  I think would be shame to remove the sound now. So if anyone is interested in buying it let me know. 

The loco has some slight weathering and the horn cover is missing from one end.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-34147100-1469850748_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-81637600-1469850771_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-75178500-1469850807_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-05493200-1469850835_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

I think that the 'horn cover' is actually a mounting for GPS equipment and is only at one end.

Well there you go didn't know that. Must admit I never noticed it before. Thanks Adrian.

Cheers Peter.

So I got this off Ebay. I was going to remove the sound chip and sell it on. I was sold as not a good runner but I have cleaned it up and it runs great. It sounds pretty good too and  I think would be shame to remove the sound now. So if anyone is interested in buying it let me know. 

The loco has some slight weathering and the horn cover is missing from one end.

Cheers Peter.

That's the Exhaust end Peter, I think that might be the reason, well that's what I was told by an Engine Man at Eastleigh when they first came out of the Lima Stable.

• RMweb Premium

A bit too recent for me despite them reaching the Royal Duchy.  The post-BR Sector stuff will be first to go in the cull.

Before or after the hairdressers and telephone sanitisers?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Before or after the hairdressers and telephone sanitisers?

That depends upon what the white mice decide.  Though I don't fancy being wiped out by a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone.

Another video, This is a Mates class 26 with Biffo sound. We had a bit of a running day a few months back with his 26s and 27s working most of the trains.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 12

That's the Exhaust end Peter, I think that might be the reason, well that's what I was told by an Engine Man at Eastleigh when they first came out of the Lima Stable.

Thanks Andy,

I must admit I thought it was a more recent addition. I even had a Lodhaul Lima class 60 and never noticed it, well thats if they ever had one on that model.

Cheers Peter.

Looks very nice buy Peter!!

should keep it.

Thanks Neil, 

It is a nice model but if I keep this I will be buying a class 66 next and I don't want to be doing that. lol

Cheers Peter.

I'm sorry to say that 60 looks quite at home sat there on Llanbourne. A respray into Railfreight Petroleum and a slight time shift it would look lovely on some tanks sat in that oil terminal. :D

Thanks Marcus,

If it was a triple Grey livery loco I would be very tempted to keep it. My fear is this would lead to more triple Grey loco's and something in Dutch which was always a favourite back in the day. I am still looking for a Heljan class 26 so need the money really.

Glad you like the class 37.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

You can't beat a nice 60 Peter! They are lovely runners.

Super job. I tend to glue the buffer shanks now to stop the heads rotating in the way they do! C'mon Hornby sort it out!

Ive got one in for a respray at the moment, and I think i'll do it in RF Coal as 057.

Cheers

Trev :)

You can't beat a nice 60 Peter! They are lovely runners.

Super job. I tend to glue the buffer shanks now to stop the heads rotating in the way they do! C'mon Hornby sort it out!

Ive got one in for a respray at the moment, and I think i'll do it in RF Coal as 057.

Cheers

Trev :)

Thanks Trev,

The class 60 is pretty much as I bought it, but It does need to go. If I keep it for too long I will want to keep it. I might sort out some couplers and put it back on ebay.

I did finish another type 5 tonight though. 58035 was given a test run. I will post up a pic or two in the next few days.

Cheers Peter.

Your 60 seems to have quite a fan club Peter. Be careful you don't get too attached to it.

Love the new video by the way.

Cheers

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

It does, there is other stock I need so it will have to go. I will put it on Ebay next week.

You might like the pic though. 58035 has a test run after some weathering etc.

Cheers Peter.

post-7022-0-98950100-1470493751_thumb.jpg

post-7022-0-18395500-1470493780_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

The "Bone"; British Rails forgotten loco. Looks very nice on your layout Peter......but I'd prefer you refrained from the 60's and 66's unless you feel you have to.

Thanks Andrew,

I was never that fussed about them in the early days but when they started to appear at Eastleigh I thought it was great, though I didn't get to see them for long as I left the UK not long after they started to become more common.

I do like the class 60's I was working at Eastleigh East Yard when they first came out but don't worry it's not staying. As for class 66's I am not a fan so wont be buying one.

Cheers Peter.