Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Pity it’s not “egg and bacon ice cream” as invented by Heston Blumenthal - it’s rather good (as is bacon jam - ideal on savoury scones).

Amazing taste treats await when you “think outside the box” (or in your case Bear, “outside the igloo”)

A personal favourite of Bear's is Turkish Delight ice cream - first seen in Whitby and very rarely anywhere else, sadly.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, BoD said:

Hippo?

Chains?

I thought we’d got over all that bondage stuff.

It's Big H you know what he's like. Once he gets his snout into something he just can't help himself. Between you and me I think he secretly likes being behind bars if truth be told. I think it reminds him of all the time he spent there when he was 'earning his wings' - so I've been told by a reliable source.

Edited by Winslow Boy
More time.
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Between you and me I think he secretly likes being behind bars if truth be told. I think it reminds him of all the time he spent there when he was 'earning his wings' - so I've been told by a reliable source.

image.png.408b8deaad619fa5ac7b15ea7ec2ba26.png

Now the secret's out!

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Your really pushing the marketing side aren't you Big H. I'm surprised though that you haven't considered a marketing tour or are the logistics a bit overwhelming.

I was an officer in the Royal Army Ordnance Corps, which just before I retired was amalgamated into the Royal Logistic Corps.

Unofficially, we were known as The Rollocks.

I am eternally grateful that we were NOT amalgamated into the British Logistic Corps.

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 15

1 minute ago, Happy Hippo said:

I was an officer in the Royal Army Ordnance Corps, which just before I retired was amalgamated into Royal Logistic Corps.

Unofficially we were known as The Rollocks.

I am eternally grateful that we were NOT amalgamated into the British Logistic Corps.

So you did find a use for those castors then. No sniggering at the back please

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, polybear said:

Actually that's not a bad menu for at least one Bear I can think of - though I suspect a need for Statin's for ever after may well be required.  Just three dessert options (Ice Cream/Choccy Brownie/Belgian Waffle) is a bit PP though - and a little surprising cos' I've always thought that the prices of desserts in many/most restaurants to be somewhat of a p.take and a very easy way to jack the profits up for very little effort.  The black ice cream seems somewhat strange though....

I restaurant I went to many years ago had black ice cream.  It was liquorice flavoured.  Rather yummy.

Adrian

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, bbishop said:

So Flavio (iL Dottore) and I are sitting in the Royal Oak in the Borough,  drinking beer and failing in a pub quiz.  A question on dating apps?????

I take that a dating app isn't to do with when was the battle of Hastings and suchlike, Bill.

Dave 

• Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

6 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

I take that a dating app isn't to do with when was the battle of Hastings and suchlike, Bill.

Dave 

Know that one it's 1945 isn't it. Or was that when the Vietnam war finished.

We didn't do history at school. Did do cooking though. Bakewell tart anyone?

Edited by Winslow Boy
It's 1066 by the way.
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, bbishop said:

So Flavio (iL Dottore) and I are sitting in the Royal Oak in the Borough,  drinking beer and failing in a pub quiz.  A question on dating apps?????

I only know about such things as I asked my nephew how he and his partner met. It was via Tinder. 
A sadder story was one Matthew told me. He was renting a room in Cork from a Croatian couple. Anyway Matthew and the other housemates got a text from the landlord saying “hey, I have just joined dating app”. It had gone to his contacts list, including his very pregnant partner. There was shouting in Croatian. Matthew asked one of the other Croatian residents what was happening. Apparently the landlord was trying to explain that his phone must have been hacked. 

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

I painted this evening 

It is , I fear, the thin edge of the brush. 

Mrs SM42 is off to the motherland tomorrow  

This gives me two and a bit days of freedom(?)  with a list of stuff to do.

I have been given a day off on Saturday though, so I'll have to find something fun  to do

I might see if I can find an exhibition to go to, but if not there is beer in the fridge and snooker on TV, so I'll be alright. 

Andy

• Friendly/supportive 13

5 hours ago, Adam88 said:

Just to remind you all:

Well fat is essential for digesting animal protein. Without it it you will succumb to protein poisoning.

I always remind myself about that while consuming a bacon roll.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

4 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Today's buzzwords in Hunt Towers are turdycurses, bo**ocks, bu**er and suchlike. After over two months since accepting an offer for Dad's house, filling in forms, getting solicitors involved etc. etc. the toerags who were buying decide this morning that they've changed their minds and are pulling out.  It really is about time that we in this country adopted the Scottish system whereby once an offer is accepted it is binding.

Yes, the Scottish system is very straightforward. We never had any problems. In England if the buyer can walk away the seller should also have the option of selling to the first buyer that delivers the cash.

California seems to be a bit like England. We were stiffed at the last minute by a !@#$h who was also a real-estate agent. I'm pretty sure she made offers on multiple properties at the same time. I complained to the Orange County Board of Realtors (aka the Orange County Board of *****rs).

Their response was "it's not illegal".

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9