Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Can't be any more boggling than a Tapir, and they can accidentially tread on theirs...

I did wonder why their eyes always seem to be watering.

Dave

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

What a sad state of affairs.  I shook my head in disbelief when I saw coal imported to Tyneside some years ago, but it's OK because it's green, because it's someone else's carbon footprint. Pah.

• Like 2
  • Agree 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

What a sad state of affairs.  I shook my head in disbelief when I saw coal imported to Tyneside some years ago, but it's OK because it's green, because it's someone else's carbon footprint. Pah.

There is also the 'carbon footprint' resulting from the transport of the coal/ coke from wherever to take into account.

1 hour ago, br2975 said:

In order to reduce our footprint further, our leaders at Cardiff Bay are now planning to force Welsh farmers to reduce their livestock herds by 10% and grow trees instead.

madness, utter, complete ...

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

2 hours ago, br2975 said:

Importing the coke, instead of mining it here in Wales boosts our 'green credentials'

That's because they've heard you can purchase imported coke down the pub or on any street corner....

Of course once they get wind that the locally produced pure source has been curtailed they'll sell you lower quality stuff at a higher price.

I imagine it will need quite a few bags to fill a blast furnace.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 9

IMG_20240220_112011576_HDR.jpg.e7792fa3f4b01ff12fe71f28caf1ad83.jpgIMG_20240219_110755595.jpg.16aaf123b83fe248fc62390c24546246.jpg

6 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

I can't see what all the fuss is about.

Here is a picture of my helmet:

20240220_121520.jpg.a68e77d1febfb996c7edf3364431df53.jpg

At this altitude a helmet and a brandy to calm the nerves ain't all bad 😂

• Like 12

Well it seems we escaped the motherland just in time

An outbreak of protesting farmers has spread and now the hunting community have joined in. 

The map of Poland showing locations of protests today looks like a bad case of measles. 

Access to Poznan Airport was almost  impossible today according to our local correspondent. 

Andy

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 9
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

You only had to go and open your mouth, didn't you?

LifeSchoolWithHippo.jpg.caf20cf60d81fed87320a9216121adaa.jpg

2 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

And a spare leg tucked under the arm of the girl seated second left.

Who appears to have an unhealthy interest in looking up Hippos tutu...

Meanwhile the pair on the far left appear to be painting something behind Hippo!

• Like 6
  • Agree 3

59 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

My helmet....with middle aged hooligan inside.

2018-05-28_01446.JPG.73512059748eb74538f70c6d52cd5ad0.JPG

Not wishing to cast doubt of your claim and all Neil, but how do we know it's you under all that leather and inside the helmet. That could be your 'stunt double' or just some random photograph you happen to have downloaded of the intra watsit.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

Yesterday early evening I had another go at removing some of the winter detritus from our pond then when I went to do the same thing this afternoon a great big blob of frog spawn had appeared so I've had to leave the place where it is alone until the little ones all get out. Mind you, any excuse not to delve around up to the armpit in bl**dy cold water is gratefully received, especially when you think what the frogs have been up to in there.

Dave

• Like 12
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2