Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Night Mail

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, BR60103 said:

Phil: are there little wood blocks each side of the rails? And a base like original TriAng track?  This sounds like TruScale Self-Gauging roadbed.  Available both finished and spike-it-yourself.  Switch blocks were just the base and ties. Also came just roadbed to take other track.

Thats them to a T, it looks as if some is finished and some is DIY. The track itself is code 100, not sure but the DIY stuff looks as if its Peco. Another purchase was a loco lift for £6, the foam rubber sides are a bit wobbly but easily repairable.

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

I have an older model that has a similar programming issue.

Are you sure that is not down to some software or operating system update you have installed 

Andy

• Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

I have an older model that has a similar programming issue.

Sounds like an off/on cycle is called for at regular intervals - just how long the "off" bit needs to be will depend on what Big H plans to get up to.....

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, SM42 said:

Are you sure that is not down to some software or operating system update you have installed 

Andy

Jamie's photos show the cascade from installing an update.

I only ever installed two such updates and they are both very heavy on maintenance as well as a number of cascading issues.

• Funny 10

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, polybear said:

Sounds like an off/on cycle is called for at regular intervals - just how long the "off" bit needs to be will depend on what Big H plans to get up to.....

Older operating systems are expensive to maintain.

However, replacement with a newer system would be horrendously expensive and one would still be left with  an incremental annual increase in operating and maintenance costs.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Happy Hippo said:

Older operating systems are expensive to maintain.

However, replacement with a newer system would be horrendously expensive and one would still be left with  an incremental annual increase in operating and maintenance costs.

I wouldn't even dream of trying to re programme an older model, I value my life.

Jamie

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Well that's even worse, you couldn't even be bothered to look on the interwobbly thingy you just used the nearest one to hand.

By the way she looks very nice and you're keep you looks as well- it is you walking her down the aisle isn't it?

• Like 3
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

I did that walking down the aisle thing 52 years ago and look where that's got me!

Just been for a post prandial walk along the trackbed of the old Shrewsbury - Nantwich line. Very nice but I kept remembering it was GWR. To help get over it we've got a nice bottle of Landon bubbly in the fridge ready for this evening.

TTFN

Dave

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

I did that walking down the aisle thing 52 years ago and look where that's got me!

Just been for a post prandial walk along the trackbed of the old Shrewsbury - Nantwich line. Very nice but I kept remembering it was GWR. To help get over it we've got a nice bottle of Landon bubbly in the fridge ready for this evening.

TTFN

Dave

GWR

Great Walking route.

MR

Muddy Ruts

I'll let myself out...

• Funny 9

13 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

TTFN

Dave

I'd keep stum about the bubbly overwise you might  get descended upon by someone from the muddy hollow- no names, no packdrill.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Winslow Boy said:

Well that's even worse, you couldn't even be bothered to look on the interwobbly thingy you just used the nearest one to hand.

By the way she looks very nice and you're keep you looks as well- it is you walking her down the aisle isn't it?

I wish - Gareth is 30 years younger than my remains.....

Charlie's a star, but it is highly recommended not to get on the wrong side, as previously a probation officer and now a hospital social worker (qualified - MA) she doesn't take any cr*p from anyone.  Me included.  As for poor Gaz.....he said 'I do'!

• Like 10

Afternoon all,

I received an unexpected gift today. I had gone over to my grandmothers as she needed a wall spraying with bleach (we thought it was mold, it wasn’t) down in the basement were there is a shelf with various old lamp on it. One was this Eccles lamp, which I vaguely recognized and was promptly given. My plan is polish it and hopefully get it back into working order.

(made in 1955 I think)

E9F24CBA-5C0D-4D81-A79A-DEB216EBEE5B.jpeg.c4b91ff408efcdd5d1d6ef888d52fe16.jpeg

The other lamps on the shelf were a small carbide one for a helmet and a great big one with NURNBERG on it.

Douglas

• Like 13

A less strenuous  day today.

Necessary lunch time supplies were  taken on board 

20210809_143036.jpg.fe0a0098895898e42fc946bd8a525eb0.jpg

Mostly driving today, but did hit a deer 

More accurately  it hit me, in the passenger door. 

Fortunately for it and my hire car, just a glancing blow and it ran off rather startled. 

Promise of a brewery visit tomorrow and the brother in law is driving :dance_mini:

Also to keep it railway, found a nice little station today

20210809_160242.jpg.c5140c9bbe2d073359b6a40f843d9499.jpg

This is Wlen. Out of use for around 3 years. You can get a pedal powered trolley here apparently which you can ride for around a kilometre, but only on Sunday 

Andy 

• Like 13