RMweb

Show us yours - Realistic modelling

Kelvin, where did you get the phone box from, can you remember the make by any chance? I need one for my model fire station and that's the best I've seen to date.

Paul.

1 hour ago, Paul_C said:

Kelvin, where did you get the phone box from, can you remember the make by any chance? I need one for my model fire station and that's the best I've seen to date.

Paul.

Paul; Robin Pinnock - aka robock - here. The phone box was the etched Langley Models kit , F31, with the etched 'Telephone' signs cut out and replaced with printed paper signs so so they could be illuminated from behind by a nano led.

Edited by robock
typo
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, KELVIN PINNOCK said:

Another couple of photos to show the other end of the station.BRM094.jpg.bf9626ed9fb00467729fcd893dca15cf.jpgBRM074-1.jpg.91b1035af0efafda31213ee6c3e6697d.jpg 

Now, you’re not allowed to post photos of real railway scenes! 

Very good!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Like Andy says, blending and continuity.  I have seen real road surfaces and sleeper crossings that were much less realistic than that!  The only thing that might even possibly give this away as a model is that there were no camera/colour film combinations that could manage an unblurred exposure of a moving train in evening light in the 60s, even a slowly moving one, and the lack of telephone wires.  I look at Cwmdimbath and hang my head in shame; that ballast, those sleepers, I may as well give up now before I embarrass myself further.  Be advised that I will want to hire you and your brother to rebuild Cwmdimbath properly for me when I win the Lotto tomorrow, and you are going to be given a pretty blank cheque…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Apologies if this has been on here before. A little building I made about 7 or 8 years ago, before the laser cutter arrived!

IMG_9508.jpeg.6a49dd67406de97c25e84007f9d30dac.jpeg

Whose bricks are they? They're best embossed ones I've ever seen where the mortar is not as thick as a brick.

19 minutes ago, Tricky said:

A little building I made

I love the attention made to the brickwork coursing - very good. If it's not a trade secret, with what and on what did you scribe - if indeed it was scribed?

Cheers,

Philip

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Apologies if this has been on here before. A little building I made about 7 or 8 years ago, before the laser cutter arrived!

That's some impressive attention to detail, you can almost smell the damp!

It puts me in mind of this place which is behind where we live:

IMG_20230123_153003.jpg.ac0da47e54ff8d2eb074a9bf7c839d59.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, KELVIN PINNOCK said:

Many thanks to everyone who have appreciated our efforts so far. I must mention that brother Robin ( who posts on here as 'robock' ) is responsible for a lot of the detail work you see in the pictures. The W&M railbus in this picture is an example of his scratchbuilding, built many years before Heljan's version, and still going strong!  

BRM 075.jpg

Now if that was in B&W it would be timeless, fantastic modelling

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rowsley17D said:

Whose bricks are they? They're best embossed ones I've ever seen where the mortar is not as thick as a brick.

Thanks. They were hand scribed into Das clay. 

• Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5
  • Round of applause 5

1 hour ago, Philou said:

I love the attention made to the brickwork coursing - very good. If it's not a trade secret, with what and on what did you scribe - if indeed it was scribed?

Cheers,

Philip

Thanks, yes, as mentioned above, hand scribed Das on a ply base from memory. The same method as I used on the dock wall on Midland in Bristol. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 02/06/2023 at 18:59, Tricky said:

Outrageously spiffing ! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3