RMweb

On Cats

didcot

59 minutes ago, Metr0Land said:

Thanks for the info.  I've just tried it on my smaller cat who's meant to have a daily blood thinner for life.  There's no way I can give her a pill directly and had been crushing them to add to her food but she's got wise to that.  She just LOVES Easy Pill (no connection other than well satisfied customer).

rev May 21st Spangle looking up.jpg

Another vote for easy pill, I had some for one of our cats, she ate it up every time. Our other cat is better at eating pills, I put the pill on the work top, put 4 dreamies on top and the whole lot disappears.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
On 29/05/2021 at 19:12, Jonboy said:

Well that was a morning.

RIP Mika. She was a feisty little so and so and hated being given tablets and seeing the vets, following a broken hock and many visits as a kitten 14 years ago.
A scan showed a tumour and lesions, and at best we could have given her 6 months to a year with biopsies, medication and likely weekly trips to the vet. That would have ultimately been more for us than her in terms of quality of life.

C092D28E-96DB-4D72-9ADF-D0CC134F2E41.jpeg

So sorry for your loss. We had that same awful decision with our Clydie two weeks ago, it might have been possible to continue treatment but it would have only prolonged the suffering, he had clearly had enough. When it comes down to it, their quality of life is what really matters. 

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold

Incidentally I was told black cats don’t rehome that well as they are not photogenic people don’t want them but this thread is well populated with them so somebody (including me) likes them!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Markwj said:

I had to check she wasn’t dead!

54D49DFF-AA91-4FC2-B39B-75E8DC20A76A.jpeg

No, that’s a typical black cat pose. To check for signs of life try tickling her tummy, but if she’s anything like cats we have had also allow time for a trip to A&E following the test. 

• Funny 5

3 hours ago, Markwj said:

Incidentally I was told black cats don’t rehome that well as they are not photogenic people don’t want them but this thread is well populated with them so somebody (including me) likes them!

I was told if a black cat crosses your path it's lucky.

They way they run across the road around here, I can only agree.

• Like 1