RMweb

On Cats

didcot

On 07/06/2022 at 14:54, grahame said:

I took Marley for a walk (I often do to ensure he gets some exercise) this afternoon over our land at the back of the house and he decided to try a bit of flying. Here he is practicing his take offs:

DSC03033red.jpg.0f979cce41305429f874a46feb7f785f.jpg

This put me in mind of this old LOLcat:

463926174_soundbarrier.jpg.0462ed3feec63e82c1ea780c335a962e.jpg

• Like 8
  • Funny 1

Sorry for the repeat post.

A postscript to the story. My daughter's Facebook has been busy tonight. It appears that Oliver/Felix/__________ had at least three other regular feeders, one of whom managed to get close enough to frontline him on a regular basis. And yes, son of Oliver is now in the process of becoming their next cat once he has had a little visit to the vet.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 9

6 hours ago, Clan Mcadder said:

May i presnet ,

Rommel and luci ! 

8B2B06C4-5D07-46A7-AFFA-642DDA405ECE.thumb.jpeg.4cdc38832a42571a4d9ee8661bf45987.jpeg one is now a very large Tom cat and the other is still tiny and thinks shes a human . 

ED7F016E-A8DA-4E6F-BB3B-52D8284AA2EB.thumb.jpeg.7ea089063e803cc2db91e0a7da995e10.jpeg

She's gorgeous! Btw, that wagon is off mate, got that t-shirt! Why a railway layout is an acceptable bed to some mogs when there are, um, beds available is a mystery to me.

C6T.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Allegheny1600 said:

I had to study that picture before I realised that it is her collar not that her eyes are misplaced!!

oh yes that collar lasted about a month or two then when it went missing was replaced and that lasted a day ! so since then shes not had one but , she only goes into the field behind us to become the silent death ,,, 7 in a day is her record ! otherwise shes a self assigned house cat or at least never leaves the garden most days .

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
On 23/06/2022 at 12:50, Clan Mcadder said:

oh yes that collar lasted about a month or two then when it went missing was replaced and that lasted a day ! so since then shes not had one but , she only goes into the field behind us to become the silent death ,,, 7 in a day is her record ! otherwise shes a self assigned house cat or at least never leaves the garden most days .

We tried to put a collar on Benji the other day, it lasted less than half an hour! 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

I was at a friends place the other day, I hadn't been there for a while and knew there were cats around, but only seen them at a distance. They belong to the lady he shares the house with.

Anyway, while drinking coffee on the outside balcony, this cat comes up to me and scratches at my leg through my jeans, so sharp claws. So my mate comes and picks him up and takes him away and comes and sits down again.

This time the cat comes back and jumps straight on my lap and stays there for about 3/4 hour getting the patting treatment, before deciding to leave.

My mate says that the cat is 17 years old and has never done that before with strangers!

Cats seem to be attracted to me like that, even if I've never met them before.

I don't have a cat any more, because the council have a bye-law restricting them to your own property and it's too hard to build a sufficient fence. I kind of agree with the bye-law, because cats are notorious wildlife hunters, especially here in Australia as they are an introduced species and play havoc with native wildlife.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3